Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#37184 08/01/07 08:23 AM
MOPAR Offline OP
OP Offline
I have acquired a customer who has a Comdial DX-80. They asked me to make some ringing changes to their system. They added some new offices and they want the phones to ring in those offices. I am doing ALL programming through the phone, not a PC. I turned to page 3-80 in the installation and maintenance manual for "Co line ring assignment (Answer Position) and read the instructions thouroughly. Unfortunately there seems to be some info that is not in the manual.
The manual says to "Input 02-ccc-13-01-01 (where "ccc" = the CO Line directory number 740-745 to be programmed). The first of six members (ringing destinations) displays."
What I have quoted that they state in the manual never happens. I am logged into programming correctly, but I do not understand what the other digits signify. Sure I can guess as I believe and would say that the "02" and "13" are program code numbers and the first "01" means day ring and obviously the last "01" just signifies ext 101. But why oh why don't they put that somewhere in the book.
Said "customer" is a friend of mine so I don't want to unload him on a factory certified Comdial Tech because he wants me to work on it for him since we are friends, and really the DX-80 is what I would consider an "entry level" product, so it should be relatively simple, right?

Any help would be greatly appreciated,another question I have is can I just connect my laptop to the system using Hyperterminal or some other emulation software or does Comdial have proprietary software to talk to these things. I'm assuming that talking to it with a GUI is easier. Thanks again

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#37185 08/01/07 12:06 PM
OK, the DX80 / 120 is only "entry level" if you know how it works, like anything else. It actually has some pretty upper end features. The programming is far from intuitive in my opinion, and takes some time to understand. The numbers 02, 13 01, etc you refer too are program storage bins, reflecting the tenent, position in the program memory etc.. don't waste your time with all that. Check your private messages for more.

PM Sent

#37186 08/01/07 12:35 PM
Agree with Mark. Any programming beyond Attendant programming (with the possible exception of assigning Station User Names), programming like this is not something to get done right via experimentation. Mark has you covered with a PM, so good luck!

Hackbarth Communications, L.L.C. - Serving South Central Wisconsin's Telecom Needs
#37187 08/01/07 05:04 PM
Keep in mind, you can only assign up to six telephones to ring. More than that and you have to create a UCD and assign the extensions to that UCD group.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,771
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,456 Shoretel
188,312 CTX100 install
187,087 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 5
jc2it 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
2 members (justbill, JBean3329), 164 guests, and 298 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024