web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
OP Offline
I have a DX-120 installed about three months ago with the 7271C flash card that has crashed four times in the past three weeks.

When you dial the VM ports (157, 158, 159, and 160) or when dialing the hunt group 433, the VM doesn't answer...you only hear ring back.

The heart throb LED in the upper right corner of the board is still flashing and the flash card LED is still flickering. A tap on teh reset button restores service.

It happened two weeks ago, six days ago, three days ago and again today. After it crashed the third time, I replaced the VM unit with my spare one and swapped the flash cards to retain the prompts and messages, and set the corrected routing mailbox numbers.

The new unit just crashed today.

The DX-120 has a battery backup and they have a power outage for less than an hour at least every two weeks. I don;t know if there was an extended power outage the ran down the battery the first two times, but I do know that there were no power outages the last two times this week.

I don't think its a bad flash card, but what I'm going to do is reset the system and do an audio backup of the prompts (Audcity is a good audio editor) and stored messages (I don't want to back up the flash card per se as it might be corrupted). I have a adapter cable that plugs into the phones headset jack and my laptop.

If it stays up for at least two weeks, then it was a bad flash card. If it keeps dropping, I'll cold boot the system and reprogram it from a paper copy of the programming.

If THAT doesn't work, I'll replace the cabinet.

Any suggestions?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

sounds like the VM is getting stuck in an endless loop rolling from port to port and tieing all the ports up. Next time it stops working, connect up with keylinkDX and see what the status of the VM is.
You may have a disconnect supervision problem on a line or a programming issue in a ucd group that sends the VM in to a loop when it is accessed.

Moderator-Comdial, ESI, Voicemail, Cisco
Moderator-Comdial, ESI, Voicemail, Cisco
That's what it sounds like to me too. I agree, I would be interested to see what the voicemail is actually DOING when it "locks up".

OP Offline
I went back this morning and the VM had fixed itself, so I didn't have a chance to look at the port status, although I know when I busy the ports by using four phones to call into the 4-port system I get a busy. When the VM is locked up, I only get a ring no answer.

I checked the system programming from a phone (I don't trust the PCDBA as it reports different settings than what I programmed by hand) and the settings were the same as the original setup and matched my paper copy. I did a cold boot and reprogrammed the system from scratch.

Now as for the PCDBA reporting the wrong information, the only two areas I've seen it incorrect were:
Ringing assignments - I programmed in by hand five extension - 101, 102, 103, 110, and 111; and those extension correctly rang; but the PCDBA showed 101, 102, 103, 108, and 111. I've played with the programming back and forth many times and have no idea why. When I use the PCDBA to set the ringing and upload it back to the switch, it works fine, but when I download what I just uploaded - 108 reappears.
Extension port swapping - that was a mess and I ended up doing it by hand.

As I recall, it was not the latest PCDBA version for the DX-120.

I'll see what tomorrow brings.

OP Offline
Another glitch in the PCDBA. I used the phone to reassign my attendant phone from port 101 to port 116 and it works just fine.

PCDBA shows port 101 swapped with 114, not 116. Oh well...

OP Offline
OK, looks like I'm going to have to replace the cabinet.

I did a cold boot of the system early this morning, did new programming from scratch (not a system backup) and the VM crashed a few hours later.

Since the original programming work for months, I don't thinks its a programming issue, and am using the same basic parameters on several other DX- VM systems

OP Offline
I loaded the K17 firmware update today and will see what happens.

I did have a chance to look at the system while in failure mode.

1) Keylink showed the ports idle.
2) Dialing each port separately returned a busy siganal.
3) Dialing the UCD group returned a ring-no answer (yes, I check to see if there were any other members in the VM UCD groups and there were only the three VM ports).
4) After I disconnected KeyLink, the VM rebooted itself. I heard it go through the boot-up beeping, which it usually doesn't do.

Admin
Admin
You have three voice mail ports??? Also I seem to remember that K17 didn't auto reboot the mail after a power restore. Sounds like multiple issues.

[Linked Image]
OP Offline
Sorry...I meant FOUR VM ports.

Anyway, the last four times this week, there were no power outages.

OP Offline
No go...the VM worked all weekend until noon on Monday. I'm going to replace the CPU board early tomorrow morning.

I'm still puzzled why you can get a busy when you dialed the individual ports, but a no answer when you dial the UCD group number, And I already checked, there are only four stations used fr the UCD members

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,109 Shoretel
187,715 CTX100 install
186,806 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 7
pvj 4
jc2it 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Curlycord), 183 guests, and 408 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024