web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Did you run the check disc and NDD on the flash drive?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

There is something you could keep in mind, and it "typically" works. Try a double cold start.
It sounds crazy but give it a try.
Remove your vmail card and move the cold start jumper to the cold start position and wait 10 minutes. The full ten minutes.
Move the cold start jumper to the normal position and power the system up.
After it is powered completely up, power the system off.
Install the voicemail card and power system up. After it is powered up try calling the voice mail. It may or may not work.
Power it back off and Install the cold start jumper. Wait Ten Minutes
Remove Cold boot Jumper. And Power up system.
And I would rebuild your program all over again.
Keep in mind never have you laptop connected to the system when cold starting the system. I have notice that causes problems too.
And if you keep having problems remove all the station and co line from the system and try these steps over again.

Remember patiences

Those are all good troubleshooting steps, but you can save a lot of that time by checking the flash card with check disk and NDD. If the trouble occurs with the flash mail after the mail system has booted, it's likely to be bad sectors on the flash card.
All the resets and cold starts won't help to resolve damaged sectors of a flash drive. In my instance, check disk and fix disk cleared the trouble, but only until the system needed to use those sectors again, then it failed again. Even though the VM is "in skin" the phone system programming is not likely to cause these type of troubles. They really are still seperate entities even if they are "in skin" VM systems.

OP Offline
I usually do a cold start when I add or remove boards, the manual doesn't say you have to do it...but it does resolve some weirdness.

Anyway...the system has been working fine up to four weeks ago and now needs a weekly reset. I looked at the routing tables last week and noticed the "press 2" option from the 800 box pointed to a 888, which I know perfectly well it was pointing to 812 in the past.

Knowing that pointing to wrong places can cause some problems, I reset it to 812 and told the customer it *may* fix the problem, but I really think it was the flash card and it would crash again. I didn't want to try to "fixes" at once as I wouldn't know which fix fixed the problem. They were cool with that. At least I set their expectations on what I was doing to resolve the issue.

Yup...it went down again today. Thanks Mark for mentioned a replacement flash card...which was the ONE thing I haven't replaced yet.

I can record all the prompts and user messages onto my laptop and then record them back on the new card as a new message.

Hope it all works out.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,296
Posts638,852
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,659 Shoretel
189,559 CTX100 install
187,833 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dans 5
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 164 guests, and 268 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024