web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
KENB Offline OP
OP Offline
im soliciting opinions of verizon dsl in new york vs cabelvision modem
they have free month to see if u like it
them $29.95 verizon vs $44.95 per month
cablevision

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

RIP Admin
RIP Admin
Cable is about 3 times faster then DSL so it really comes down to what kind of speed you want. I had DSL only because cable wasn't in my area yet but now it is and cable is much nicer.

Russ runs a local service and private tech center.

[Linked Image from sundance-communications.com][/url]
Moderator-Comdial
Moderator-Comdial
I have DSL in my shop and cable at home. My DSL is rock solid at 1.2MB and has always worked. My cable varies from 1.5 to 2.4MB sometimes less and more. When it is down, its usually a weekend! I speed test at bandwidthplace or dslreports. If you are are in the fringe for DSL I would say go cable. If you are under 15k feet I would go DSL. If online gaming is your gig go cable. I hope your thoroughly confused now [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]

Now DTMF that is not totally true. You pay for what speed you want. Not sure if it has changed but when cable modems first came out it was a shared connection. You share the bandwith with the number of users online at the same time. So at times it could be super fast(3am) or real slow (6-7pm), but that may have changed. Speed comes down to the website your trying to access and thier upload speed. If your provider only has a T1 to the backbone then your not getting any faster than that. However if they have a fiber connection and only 1 hop to the backbone then you will have much higher speeds. I wouldn't base my decision on speed but on Reliablity-how often will you be down? That is what really matters.
Good Luck

RIP Admin
RIP Admin
Now Crabb,all I know is my DSL was 1.5, and my cable is at 4 every time I test it. In my book thats 3 times faster(well almost 2.75 times faster). Na Na Na Na [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]

But I would guess the Ken needs to get some feedback fron the people in NYC

Russ runs a local service and private tech center.

[Linked Image from sundance-communications.com][/url]
JJ Offline
In our area the DSL is rock solid.
The cable modem when I had it would go up and down and the speed varied on the number of subscribers in your area. It is getting better, but like DSL for it total reliability.

I think it all depends on the area you live in and the vendors backbone.

If all else fails, use a BFH.

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,693
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,096 Shoretel
187,702 CTX100 install
186,791 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
jc2it 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 99 guests, and 241 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024