web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Since the presence of echo on PRI's can be caused by old or unbalanced hardware devices on a carrier's network, is there a way that the presence of the echo can be isolated to only the local or long distance calls?

I also agree with p2ii, that the provider may be unaware of a possible problem with their echo cancellor, which is many times not included within the circuit path during the actual testing.

If a tech is dispatched, place a call to the carrier, so that the tech can physically monitor these clicking sounds that you're hearing.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

OP Offline
Well Verizon came out and tested the main PRI, and would have tested the other one had he found anything, but he said its perfectly clean and within 4mhz of the ideal signal. He was going to test it to Level3 (not sure where they are in the mix) but couldn't get anyone on the line to test with. He also mentioned doing an "Octet 55" test, which he claims "beats the .... out of the line". That test passed perfectly.

As soon as he left the provider called up again and we bounced heads, but once again he swears its our PBX. I told him I highly doubt it - and once again whenever I talked to them it clicks/pops and literally cuts out. His answer? Coincidence. I told him 10 out of 10 calls to him with that symptom is NOT coincidence, but we may coincidentally be contacting another provider soon. The Verizon guy agreed that echoing that we're hearing is coming from the network or far end, not our own system. Even if it was echoing, it wouldn't have the delay we're seeing.

I'm curious if anyone is seeing simliar things...our provider is Capital Telecommunications, which was recently acquired by Starvox. Because of this, I'm assuming we've been switched to a VOIP backbone.

https://blog.tmcnet.com/blog/rich-tehrani/voip/starvox-voip-funding.html

Mitel 3300Mxe running MCD 4.0, 5340 Phones
OP Offline
I was told by my phone vendor that the COFA/B8ZS lights are nothing to worry about. Are they? They're both solid "on" on both PRI boards. I don't have documentation on the DXP boards but found documentation on the FX boards that if the dipswitches are defaulted, that the light means there's COFA errors.

As a quick update, not only did we get slammed with a huuuge phone bill from the provider for "accounting errors", but today, both COFA lights are on, we're getting a lot of "Network Busy" errors trying to call out, echoing is as bad as ever, and now some of our outgoing caller ID info is showing up as a Georgia 404 number (we're in PA).

Moderator-Comdial, ESI, Voicemail, Cisco
Moderator-Comdial, ESI, Voicemail, Cisco
Change of Frame Alignment usually isn't much to worry about, in my experience, but I could be wrong on the "not much to worry about" part.

Can they change you over to a maintenance circuit, and possibly change out the NIU, to help rule out the circuit? Also, is there any kind of doubler equipment involved on their side?

Justin

OP Offline
Well I finally got through late yesterday and apparently they had some "network-wide" issues that caused the network busy stuff, but the guy was stunned on the Georgia caller IDs.

I dug around my buddy's used equipment warehouse trying to find an old phone system that does PRIs, but while he had many systems (phones and boards), he trashed all the controller boxes. Makes perfect sense, right?? *sigh*

Their days as our carrier is numbered.

OP Offline
Got a call this morning, and they temporarily switched us to a different long distance carrier (no billing affected) to rule out their network. They claim they've handed our ticket to every senior level tech they have to no avail, and are as frustrated as we are (yet the VP never returned my call).

They STILL say it may be our PBX.

Moderator-ESI - Executone
So, it's been a week, What is the status?

I can see the light at the end of the tunnel..

Retirement 2019 ( It has happened )
OP Offline
Sorry was a away on vacation/business. Well as far as I know - there was still echo in some cases, although it seems substantially less complaints anyway. They since switched us back and the echo is back with a vengence.

Of course the first day I was away - we lost long distance completely which they say was a level3 prob.

So, I guess its a Carrier Issue?

NOT Your Vendor!

Where are we with this issue?
is it fixed? and what was it finally?

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,815
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,391 Shoretel
189,116 CTX100 install
187,421 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (jeffmoss26, Toner), 169 guests, and 426 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024