web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
OP Offline
I was afraid to ask but someone still complained about echo on Wed, so its still there. We're officially switching carriers at this point.

The carrier has now offered to swing in 2 new PRIs, to (from what I understand) switch OFF of their native network (prob running VOIP) to another carrier who they partner with (probably Verizon). While that would have been an option if they offered to do that 10 days in, we are now practically 45-50 days in and getting responses back from them has been like pulling teeth.

From what I understand in talking to some of the telcos (and getting some inside info), that indeed we were prob switched over to a softswitch. As I mentioned earlier Starvox is primarily a VOIP network so they're prob routing all our long distance over a VOIP platform. All the symptoms are synonomous with VOIP.

So at this point, no the problem was never actually fixed, but hopefully a new carrier will resolve the issue.

Mitel 3300Mxe running MCD 4.0, 5340 Phones
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

OP Offline
Well...4-5 months later, we switched to Verizon, and the echo is back. I'm at a loss. Anyone know what could cause echo and dropped calls? Doesn't happen as much as it used to but still happens.

Would a CSU on the PRIs help?

well you said you had two pris. have you pin pointed what card your calls are going out on that give you the echo? see if you can change your cards in your switch around and see if thats help. maybe you can pin point it to a card. if that don't work have the telephone company then put a t-bird on the pri if they can and see what they find. thats what i would do just my two cents

ALWAYS PUTTING OUT FIRES
OP Offline
It seems to be both cards. They're sort of set up in a round-robin scenerio where incoming calls start on channel 1 of the first pri, while outgoing start on the last channel of the second PRI.

As an update...in going through EVERY setting, I found the switch protocol is set to DMS100, it should be 5ESS. Son of a ....

Moderator-ESI - Executone
Moderator-ESI - Executone
are you xxxxxxx kidding me?

Is that really what was the Issue the entire time?

I can see the light at the end of the tunnel..

Retirement 2019 ( It has happened )
OP Offline
Sigh....well that was short lived. My partner called me for something this morning while I was driving in and in the middle of talking she said "wow do you hear that echo??" (I couldn't hear it but she could hear herself).

@##$#@$@#%@!!!!

So apparently changing the switch protocol didn't help. It was prob just wrong since we switched to Verizon, but amazingly the lines were connecting fine.

Per our vendor, we're going to try bumping the transmit padding down 2 notches to see if that helps.

As for the dropped calls...I believe I was the culprit there. I was setting the default outbound caller ID setting under the ISDN board screen, and didn't realize it reboots the boards when you apply the settings. I prob killed all kindsa calls that day ;-)

Moderator-Comdial, ESI, Voicemail, Cisco
Moderator-Comdial, ESI, Voicemail, Cisco
Through all of this, have you been looking for chronic problems in the T1 log on the system?

Adjusting the padding may be a good place to go. Good idea on your vendor's part. It seems like you've described the echo as being uni-directional, so you should be able to adjust one side and have some sort of affect on the echo.

Justin

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,815
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,391 Shoretel
189,115 CTX100 install
187,421 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 7
dexman 5
jsaad 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 124 guests, and 391 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024