Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
OP Offline
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Z-man:
[B]Is there a reason you haven't looked at installing an expanded cartridge software on the MICS?

Z-Man,
Could you please e-mail me off list ([email protected]) and tell me a bit more about that solution? I hadn't heard of that at all...I was told the two KSU option was the only way to stay with our current system and that it would have issues over 200 stations. Thanks!
Alicia

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

OP Offline
SSPhone,
Thanks for letting me know about them. I hadn't heard of that option. I'll look into it.
Alicia

If you want to administer it yourself, stay away from the Option systems. You could learn it, but you would need a LOT of training. Given that you already know the admin side on the Norstar, I would do anything you can to stay with it.

------------------
Intertel Telephone Repair
Norstar Telephone Repair

[This message has been edited by paul144 (edited October 21, 2004).]

OP Offline
Thanks Paul. I learned the Norstar system on my own so I'm hoping that any of the new systems won't be completely forign. All of our quotes have included basic training so hopefully that'll be enough.
Alicia

I learned long ago to go with what my boss liked. That said, I think your boss is on the right track. The Inter-Tel is the superior option for reliability and flexibility and ease of administration with its user friendly GUI. By far the easiest system I have ever administered. The best reporting package for the price. Having experienced the Tadiran IPx800, i can tell you that you will regret ever having to manage it, especially if you have othr system responsibilites. Problem with the server, voice mail freezing all the time, bunch of nagging issues, not major fixes but time consuming issues. Oh, wait until your boss cannot access v/m as happened recently, a problem that no one seem able to solve but it fixes itself - you would wish you had another job. I highly recommend investmenting in the Inter-Tel Unified Messaging and Unified Communicator. Not that the Tadiran is a bad system, it is ok but it does not compare to the InterTel based on my experience of using both. After all the complaints, my boss who selected the Tadiran finally admitted that he made the decision based on price and is contemplating replacing it with another InterTel Axxess.

We may be looking for a buyer of the Tadiran IPx800 soon.

Coral, it is obvous that you don't know much about the InterTel Axxess or Nortel MICS. How can you honestly say that the Tadiran500 is better than the Nortel MICS or the InterTel.

That is why I don't like these boards. Integrated Voice Mail and Unified Messaging. Well, the Axxess has both which are far superior to the Tadiran. The MICS has an integrated NAM as well and a long track record of reliablity which is not somethng you can attribute to the Tadirian.

Well you did say you were offering your '2 cents'.

[This message has been edited by Wizziwiz (edited October 21, 2004).]

Wiz, I know alot about both the other systems and they don't compare. And really...the Coral not solid...LOL..apparently you don't know what you are talking about.

Integrated unified messaging? Better? You do know the Coral offers 2 types one by ABS and the other in nothing other that a Repartee that has been OEM'd to work in a digital Coral integration.

Like I said, I know my competition and you apparently don't know the Coral ie Sprint Flexicom. You are going to compare a NAM or AXXESS to an ICMCsl yeah right. I was asked my opnion here and having actually worked and competed on all 3 I am giving my opnion.

As for your experience with an IPX800 you had to have had a bad experience or a bad installer/dealer. Having worked in the field for 15 years designing many a network for cities, companies, and villages and defense dept. I can can tell you the Tadiran is better. The closest I ever got to losing ANY account is when one of my larger customers was standardizing on Nortel and were going to put in an Option in. As soon as they saw how many features they were going to lose..note the Tadiran was 10 years old they decided to upgrade the system.

That all being said, the Coral can be a bit intimidating at first. But, if you figured out a MICS you shouldn't have too hard of a time with the Coral. With the new flexset relocate you can swap exetions right from a terminal OR telephone without even moving the phone. Like I said, I prefer the Coral because out of all the systems I have worked on..and there have been alot I prefer the Coral.

Paramount is service though. Bad installer = bad phone system. make sure they are interested in what you are doing and understand COMPLETELY the aplication you are looking to do or going to do. Make sure you get 911 compliant to CYA if it's required in your state as well. Good luck with your decision!

For your study!
https://www.inter-tel.com/pls/porta...XXESS%20SYSTEM%20SPEC%20SHEET%200904.PDF

https://www.tadiran-us.com/literature/docs/T-Features_List.pdf

Couldn't find one on the MICS...sorry

Coral Tech

[This message has been edited by Coral Tech (edited October 21, 2004).]

OP Offline
Coral and Wizzi....thanks both for your information.
Alicia

Moderator-Avaya, Nortel
Moderator-Avaya, Nortel
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Lunaemica:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Z-man:
[B]Is there a reason you haven't looked at installing an expanded cartridge software on the MICS?

Z-Man,
Could you please e-mail me off list ([email protected]) and tell me a bit more about that solution? I hadn't heard of that at all...I was told the two KSU option was the only way to stay with our current system and that it would have issues over 200 stations. Thanks!
Alicia
</font>

Installing XC or expanded software will allow you to go to 224 telehphones, depending of course, on what your trunking configuration is. If you have two T-1's, then you can max your phones at 224.

Don't assume that since you can administer one system, that learning another will be the same. One thing about the telecom manufactors, they all have different ways of doing things. For the most part, you will get about the same type of equipment with most manufactors. That is to say, the features and operation will be very similar. What can differ a lot is the support and service you get. A 5 year warranty doesn't do you any good if there is no one there to warranty it, or get parts for you, etc...

Sounds like you might want to open the bidding up for other products. A purchase this major requires some leg work.

Z-man
Avaya SME Authorized Partner
www.omniofficetech.com
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,296
Posts638,846
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,650 Shoretel
189,538 CTX100 install
187,784 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dans 5
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 151 guests, and 294 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024