Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#37946 10/24/07 07:21 AM
OP Offline
Hi Guys,

I've run into a problem. As we purchase new computers, we are ordering Vista on them. This is the first computer I've replaced where the user is using a cordless analog phone because they need to be able to move around. I tried installing CS Desktop Agent to allow them to log into the Customer Service queue to no luck.

I contacted my Vendor about it, he said no Vista support. And he didn't know of any work-arounds?

Has anyone else figured a way around this, any other way to log in? Or heard if/when comdial/vertical is going to give us a Vista compatible version?

Thanks,
-David

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#37947 10/24/07 11:43 AM
OP Offline
I was decided to play with it some more and was able to get the Desktop Agent working, here are the steps I performed.

1) First I added an entry in the “hosts” file because for some reason NetBIOS was not working properly, so for my machines it was “192.168.11.79 vmail”
2) Then I copied the CS Desktop Agent folder to the local hard drive (I placed it in C:/temp/) from the VMAIL/Client folder.
3) Then I went to the folder I just copied to the hard drive, right-click on setup.exe, go to properties. Under the Compatibility tab, I told it to run under Windows XP SP2.
4) Then I ran the setup.exe file.

Hope that helps someone.

-David

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,299
Posts638,873
Members49,770
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,740 Shoretel
189,807 CTX100 install
187,941 1a2 system
Newest Members
Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D.
49,769 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 21
teleco 9
dans 6
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 133 guests, and 300 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024