Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
:bang:
OK.
Upgraded the software to f20, upgraded the firmware to G05, cold started, reinstalled the data base, upgraded the voice mail hex file and we still have the problem. 3 hours of my time on a Friday night!!!!! Vertical is sending me a new PRI card on Monday. I have a feeling this is going to be an issue of the Telco's switch settings. They have done a ton of testing and say its is not on the Telco's end.

I will get back to you when the new PRI card gets installed this week.

Any ideas? anyone?

PreciseTelecomm.com
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
All of my PRI equipped DX-120 systems are behind a #5ESS. I've never had a problem with any software or firmware release on any system. All systems have the circuit provided by a local CLEC called Everest Communications using an Adtran for fractional PRI.

I would be very interested to hear from installers that are having problems which C.O. switch is providing the circuit.

Maybe we can see a correlation between C.O. switch types and the various issues TECOM's PRI implementation has.

Reading the number of posts in this forum concerning this issue is making me very wary of proposing any PRI unless the provider is using a #5. Maybe some C.O. technicians could give us some input on this. I'm just a little disturbed that I'm having no trouble with firmware FO1, SW F15, yet so many posters are having trouble no matter what versions they are running.

--Bill.

Admin
Admin
F20 and G05 are the only ones that worked for me. Started with F19 and G05. No go. Upgraded to F20 no problems in 3 months.

[Linked Image]
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
This is what's bothering me. If I've had no trouble with the first release on the #5 and you had trouble until you upgraded to F20, G05, then what's the difference between my installs with Everest and your installs?

I have a couple of dozen PRI installs on all releases. I'm trying to find the difference so we can tell LECS what to program or provide. If F15, F01 works perfectly with a #5, which I consider the gold standard, than is it possible to correctly provision other switches to emulate the #5 in all respects?

Admin
Admin
If you know anyone at Everest to give you the circuit specs then get them. I've installed them on XO with Integrated Access Devices. I'll call them and see if we can compare 5ESS build notes and look for similarities/differences.

[Linked Image]
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
If I remember I'll give them a call tomorrow. I wonder if the configuration of the Adtrans they are using has something to do with it also?

Thanks
any help I could get from anyone would be wonderful.

PreciseTelecomm.com
I spoke with Telecomtech1 on Sunday. He took a Tadaran pbx to his site and the problem could not be duplicated. When I first installed my customer about a year ago we had a T-1 in it and problems. Vertical said to have the switch settings changed to dms100 or something because it would work better. Then we swapped out to a PRI. I can not find anything from Vertical about what switch to use. Last Friday night they said they are going to send me a PRI card and as of Wed I have yet to see it. I will call on Thurs to find out that ball got dropped.

PreciseTelecomm.com
OP Offline
Last Sunday we tested our PRI with a Tadiran PBX
and a Vertical/Comdial FXII. We made about 200 calls and and did not receive any dead air calls on either switch.

We then switched the PRI back to DX120 and after about 15 calls got a dead air call. We kept testing and had dead air calls between every 10 - 20 calls.

Currently working with Comdial engineering.

Update, The problem is gone. Today the Telco changed the settings to 5ESS and I just bounced 100 calls into the DX-120 with no problems. I want to thank everyone for the great information that someone should pass along to Vertical. By the way, I'm still waiting on that PRI card.
Thanks again.

PreciseTelecomm.com
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,294
Posts638,834
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,612 Shoretel
189,499 CTX100 install
187,752 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dexman 5
dans 5
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 220 guests, and 364 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024