Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
system:
comdial dxp plus
w/IMST
feature set (16a)

there are 8 analog ports doing this. they all go to the voicemail (key voice).

when someone dials the vm ext (221 but it can be any of the 8 ports). it will ring 1 time at the voicemail then the voicemail picks up the line and the phone system spits out a 9. the voicemail freaks out and says that is an invalid digit and procedes to play the main greeting.

i disconnected the voicemail to be sure it is the phone system. and it is. after answering on my buttset i hear (and see it on my digit grabber) the 9.

what could that be? all the ports going to the voicemail look the same. i even copied the programming from ext 221 to a spare analog port and called it. but i didn't get the 9.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Under destination for digits dialed in routing boxes enter the routing box number for digit 9.

Or, make 9 an option from the main menu to go to the main menu box. Now it will be a valid digit, and play the expected recording.

it's all tip and ring
I think if you search here or in VM you will see we've been through this a few times. For me sometimes the 9 directed to the rout box works but once I actually had to change the file extension of the "invalid digit "prompt so it wouldn't play. There are two invalid digit prompts, I think the information is in the tel-parameter part of the manual.

Chris, I think Justin (5Y&C) helped me through getting rid of the prompt, maybe he'll chime in or you could PM him.
Mark

OP Offline
i figured it out. under voicemail integration. then under incoming calls it was set for a 9. i couldn't set it to nothing. so in the voicemail i made option 9 go to routing box 800 (main menu) like every body said above. not really sure what brought it around but i'm sure they are glad the message is gone. thanks for your help!

Comdial has sent a 9 for an incoming intercom call for the auto login feature. That has been like that forever. DSU-FXII. There must have been a change in the trans.txt file. Maybe the serial integration quit working or something. there should be the following in the trans.txt
9#xxx=#,xxx
9xxx2=xxx,*,*
9xxx=xxx,*,#
by making the 9 go to 800 you have eliminated auto login.

Moderator-Comdial, ESI, Voicemail, Cisco
Moderator-Comdial, ESI, Voicemail, Cisco
Putting 800 in position 9 DOES NOT eliminate auto login, as long as the trans.txt is correct. For Comdial systems integrated to KVT voicemails, 9 ALWAYS equals that routing box. It's ALWAYS been that way. When setting up a new routing box, when filling in destinations for * & #, you also always fill in digit 9 as the routing box number. That's just part of the Comdial integration. There are ways around it so you can use digit 9 for single-digit dialing, by modifying the trans.txt, but by default 9 equals the routing box number. Even in non-Comdial integrations (or DX80/DX120 integrations), I prefer having 9 setup this way, as I can prompt callers to press 9 to repeat the menu.

Justin

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,294
Posts638,834
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,625 Shoretel
189,515 CTX100 install
187,772 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 24
teleco 9
dans 5
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (justbill), 172 guests, and 335 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024