web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Ham Offline OP
OP Offline
Hello I have been working on comdial for the past 6 years Know them inside and out...I think I do any ways, Ihave a Hardware Question, I have 3 Dxp Plus Systems 3 Cabinets Each whole lot of SLT's,MOst of all I have major static!!!!!

on the Hub side and narrowed down to the main cabinet, it has 2xPRI,s, 1xT1, 2xDXPNets 1xCO card and 2 Digital 16 port cards,
I have pulled out 3 cards not being used at all,1 Pri card,1 NET card and 1xT1 Card,
I have pulled out 1 final card to clear the static but it is a DXPNET card that I need.

So I swapped out the card with 2 new cards, moved them to all available slots on the same Cabinet and no better.
I have a cabinet to swap out with, but before I tear this beast off the wall and tearing into all 3 cabinets for this swap out DOES ANYBODY HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS FIRST BEFORE I DO THAT
Could it be the power supply?
It gets worst when there is more of a "Heavy load" on that 1 particullar cabinet, IE: I put the a station or a co card back in it gets a little static, but no where near when you plug in the NET card or an Analog card.
If I move the card to the other cabinets, what our the requirements for a DXP Plus? I know what they are for the FX and Present but DXP not so much. Thanks again and cool site.

I am the Big Ham and I approve this message.
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Admin
Admin
I'd suspect SRVs board or power supply.

[Linked Image]
What RBF said!
Also, do you have a least one screw in every board. The ground for each board is with the mounting screws. The tabs on the top and bottom of the card can make intermittent contact with the cabinet when the screws are missing.

Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
I've seen the same thing. It took three months to track one of these problems. Once the screws were in place, it worked fine. We did have another case where the power supply was the culprit, but there was a whole lot going on, not just static.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
Have had same issue and it ended up being an AUX board

Ham Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks I go 5am tomorrow to swap out some goodies so most likely it is not the cabinet?

Ham Offline OP
OP Offline
Turned out to be a loose Power Supply Cable on the back end
Put all the screws in and swapped the Services card and the Power Supply but there was just a little. I went on a Hunch on the Bottom Cab I went to swap out the PS too and lo and behold the cable came out from the back when I went to plug it back in.
Thanks GUys/and gals

Ham
Thanks for posting back what the fix was! :thumb:

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,296
Posts638,851
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,659 Shoretel
189,558 CTX100 install
187,829 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dans 5
dexman 4
jsaad 3
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 195 guests, and 279 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024