web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
zakjr Offline OP
OP Offline
Let me introduce myself, 25 years exp on the CLEC side, currently unemployed and doing side jobs. I also live in the Motor City! Wonder why I am Unemployed!!!! Here's my situation: Friend bought a Comdial system (J0816, CID04, Key voice debut) used. Not sure if it was all functional. I have installed several phone systems, I am not a newbie! Here's my issue: I asked to go and pick up the used system, but my friend went and did it without me. The system apparently was set up for Call attendant to answer and direct to a specific ext and if not available go to voice mail. Friend wants the same. J0816 is installed 4 incoming lines, 6 stations. I can't seem to find any documentation on the CID04. It has 3 RJ11 female jacks on it. Serial in, Serial out, power in, ports in 1-4 (in a single RJ48). I need wiring info into CID04 (ports 1-4 via rj48), and then into what COM port and any configuration needed for J0816. Next the Key Voice debut I do have docs for but I am not sure if I need that proprietary adapter, and where can I get the Key Voice Software needed to configure the Key Voice Debut via laptop. Any help would be greatly appreciated. An easy to understand diagram would also be helpful (as the diagram for the CID08 is confusing as to how to connect the unit to the CO lines). I am certain that if I were able to take down the system at the old location that I would have been a little farther than I am right now. My friends business open on 6-15-09, and the system is up and working (all lines, all stations), he wants to have the auto attendant answer the call, direct to station, and if not available, than go to voice mail. PLEASE HELP!!!!

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Comdial, ESI, Voicemail, Cisco
Your friend is pretty presumptuous if he/she thinks they are going to have auto attendant working by tomorrow. Your questions involve far more than can be shared here on the open forum. This is truly a job for an experienced technician who is familiar with Comdial and Key Voice. As for the documentation on the CID04, have you checked the Manuals link at the top of the page? You might also check the Installers link at the top of the page to see if you can locate a Comdial tech in your area.

Justin

Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
I don't think that the CID unit has an RJ48 jack on it. I know for a fact that the CID unit isn't going to connect directly to a T1 circuit. I would venture to guess that the jack is probably an RJ61X or could even be just a simple four pair 568A or B layout.

Is there any chance that you can return to the original site to verify the original connections? That is about the only way I see this installation happening quickly. That system isn't too friendly to someone who hasn't messed with it before. I even run away from them if I can.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
My personal preference, when moving a used system to a totally unrelated site, is to master clear the system and start programming from scratch. It usually ends up saving me time in the future, since I don't end up running into strange issues that are part of old programming that I'm not familiar with. I could see an inexperienced tech not doing this, and then later blaming the system for the programming-related problems. When I've personnaly programmed the system, I know much better how the system is programmed and how it's intended to function.

Justin

zakjr Offline OP
OP Offline
I did a master reset, but before I did I save the original configuration file. No my friend isn't expecting the auto attendant to be working tomorrow. He understands that Rome wasn't built in a day. He is happy that the J0816 is up and working. He is still in the process of getting the office together, so I have some time to get the CID04 and auto attendant working.

I'm almost a Comdial DSU II pro... It takes a while to figure it all out but I have spent MANY hours and pretty much know a lot of it so if I can help let me know.. The CID is not hard to set up an connect if you need a hand. I wish I could have some help with my 4 Port Keyvoice... This stupid voice mail has taken me a while... I like my other offices Merlin Classic Mail... much more easier than this Comdial xxxx.. but I have managed with the Comdial...

editted for content...

I suggest being careful with criticism of a product simply because you don't understand it. There are many here, including myself, who have no problems with and certainly appreciate the functionality available in the Debut. If you know what you're doing.

No bashing of any products!

Thank You.

Justin

My apologies to anyone I may have offended by my comments. I have managed to get it working and it does appear to be quite a good system. Again I am sorry.

We try and minimize bashing here, and keep it on topic as much as possible.

Glad to hear you got it going. That's the important part! :thumb:

Justin

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,294
Posts638,834
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,618 Shoretel
189,509 CTX100 install
187,769 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dexman 5
dans 5
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 147 guests, and 353 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024