web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Dave22 Offline OP
OP Offline
I have a 6 line prostar 816 plus, installed about 6 years ago. This week we had a power outage because of a fire at a local station. 5 of 6 lines will not ring with an incoming call, lines seem to work fine otherwise. I tried taking the one phone that still rings to another jack ....it stops ringing. Seems to be an issue with the main box, checked two fuses one on the outside of the panel, one on the lower board both were good. Other than the ring issue everything seems to function well.

I tried AC off for 3-4 min and reset without any change.

Any help troubleshooting this is appreciated.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Allworx, Nisuko-Tie, Vodavi
Moderator-Allworx, Nisuko-Tie, Vodavi
Do you have any phones with LCDs? Is the time & date what it should be on them?? Off the top of my head it sounds as if your system may be back to default programming, although the "5 out of 6 lines will not ring" doesn't quite fit that diagnosis. It may be worth your while to get in touch with a technician who knows STC Prostars or Macrotel 816s---I think they program the same. I would suggest that you click on the Manuals link on this site(if you feel comfortable programming)---but there may be other issues besides programming. Let's see if someone else chips in here. Good Luck.

Do you have the programming manual for the system? You should have a manual!!!Check with Sundance for a manual, and I can help on programming.

alan

Another thought The batery back-up on the 816 lasts about 5-8 years, then need to be replaced. You will notice that all programming is to default. Phones ring to x24.

Dave22 Offline OP
OP Offline
No I don't have the manual but the programming for ring is posted a few threads down...I just read it. The respondant in that thread says that the phones except for one will default to ring off. The default access code is 4321 so I'm going to give it a try in the am.

The phones are not LCD type, no display.

The battery issue may be a problem as well, the surge / power outage may have reset everything.

How do I replace the backup battery?

LOOK BELOW IN THIS SAMSUNG SITE AND 6/17 POSTING
"GETTING THEM TO RING
IN DEFAULT ONLY ONE PHONE RINGS
I WOULD SUGGEST BATTERY BACKUP B4 YOU DO THIS OR NEXT POWER FAILURE SAME THING HAPPENS
ALSO EXPRESS CABLES IN FLA SELLS BATTERY BU THAT PLUGS INTO KSU BUT REQUIRES HARNESS W/CONNECTORS /THEY MAY HAVE IT
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Dave22:
I have a 6 line prostar 816 plus, installed about 6 years ago. This week we had a power outage because of a fire at a local station. 5 of 6 lines will not ring with an incoming call, lines seem to work fine otherwise. I tried taking the one phone that still rings to another jack ....it stops ringing. Seems to be an issue with the main box, checked two fuses one on the outside of the panel, one on the lower board both were good. Other than the ring issue everything seems to function well.

I tried AC off for 3-4 min and reset without any change.

Any help troubleshooting this is appreciated.
</font>

Dave22 Offline OP
OP Offline
Oh and a tech did come by this afternoon...get this. I was busy working but my sec tells me that he came in looked at the main box, tried to call our office, noted that only one phone rang and then told my sec that the whole system was obsolete and needed to be replaced.

Sounds like a big load of bull to me so I'm going to try and tackle this myself...with some help which is greatly appreciated by the way.

PS THE BATTERY BACK UP JUMPER IS NEXT TO BATTERY ON LOWER RIGHT CORNER OF MOTHER BOARD MAKE SURE ITS ON
YOU CAN TRY PLAINVIEW BATTERIES PLAINVIEW NEW YORK IF YOU TAKE # OFF BATTERY
I THINK ITS A SOLDER INd AC off for 3-4 min and reset without any change.

Any help troubleshooting this is appreciated. [/B][/QUOTE]

PPS
IF YOU INTEND TO GET MANUAL AND DO PROGRAMMING YOU SHOULD HAVE A DISPLAY
SET MOST SYSTEMS HAVE 1 DISPLAY FOR PROGRAMMING AS U NEED DISPLAY TO PROMPT TO
CONTINUE IN PROG MODE AND REAPOND

Dave22 Offline OP
OP Offline
That could be a problem. As I rember none of our phones have an LCD display. Any way around that, or do I need to buy a display phone?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  nameless, pvj 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,799 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
pvj 4
jc2it 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 163 guests, and 244 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024