web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
Hello.

I am trying to setup the Least cost routing so that certain stations(extensions) will dial out on a trunk group.

I have already setup the trunk group in the LCR program. I understand how to route based on area code but not exactly certain how to route based on extension.

Would this be accomplished by:

1. Setting up the extensions as a unique LCR class of service in MMC:310

2. Then specifying the LCR class of service to a certain trunk group in MMC:712.

Does this sound right?

Thanks.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Calven007:

Hello.

I am trying to setup the Least cost routing so that certain stations(extensions) will dial out on a trunk group.

I have already setup the trunk group in the LCR program. I understand how to route based on area code but not exactly certain how to route based on extension.

Would this be accomplished by:

1. Setting up the extensions as a unique LCR class of service in MMC:310

2. Then specifying the LCR class of service to a certain trunk group in MMC:712.

Does this sound right?

Thanks.

</font>
If I remember correctly the LCR COS defines how many steps or advances you may make in a given route table (MMC 712). Each "step" is the trunk group accessed and digits modified, but the system will always start with step (or COS) 1.

The higher your LCR COS number the more steps you may take, ie an LCR COS of 8 allows 8 steps, a COS of 2 only 2 steps. Again the system always starts at step (or COS 1)and advances to step 2 (and so on) only if the call can not be routed (all trunks in specified group busy. etc.) through step 1 (and so forth).

By restricting access to specified trunk groups in station COS (MMC 701)you can force calls from specific stations to specific trunk groups. For example, presume that you want stations 200-210 to access trunk group "9" and stations 211-220 to use group" 80". First you would set stations 200-210 as station COS 1 and LCR COS 1. Set stations 211-220 as station COS 2 and LCR COS 2. In you route table, list the trunk group (9) that 200-210 should use as the first step in the route table. List the trunk group that 211-220 will use as the second step. Finally, in the station COS definition (MMC 701) restrict stations 211-220 from access to trunk group "9", and restrict station COS 1 from access to trunk group "80".

So, when station 202 dials a number that lands in this route table the system looks at the first step (or LCR COS)and sees that the station is allowed acess to the specified trunk group (in this case 9)the call will be allowed to go out. If by chance all of the trunks in group 9 are busy, the system will check station 202's LCR COS. Seeing that this COS is 1, the system will not advance to the next step and will fail the call. Note that even if station 202's LCR COS was 2 the call would still be blocked as station 202's station COS restricts access to the trunk group (80) specified in step 2.

When station 213 dials a number and lands in our route table, the system will find that the station is restricted from the trunk group specified (9) in step 1 and then move to step 2 of the table. There the system will find that 213's LCR COS is 2, allowing the 2nd step, and that 213's station COS allows access to the specified trunk group (80). Thus the call is routed.

Remember that trunks may belong to more than one trunk group, so the trunks used for one type of call by one group of stations may allow a different type of call to be routed from a station outside the original group.
Pointing 911 calls (in MMC 710) to a route table that allows all stations to access a trunk group that contains all trunks would be an example of this.

Hope this helps and wasn't too confusing (I know I confused myself).

Moderated by  nameless, pvj 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,771
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,457 Shoretel
188,317 CTX100 install
187,089 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 5
jc2it 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
1 members (Toner), 127 guests, and 360 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024