web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Steve B Offline OP
OP Offline
I have recently volunteered to help manage the phone system at our church - it is a DX-80 with 5 lines.

I have been able to record and change the 800 and 801 greetings, but I would also like to change the no digits routing so that it is sent to extension 102.

I have gone through the telephone administration prompts, and it tells me that routing for no digits is set correctly, but when you call in - listen to the message and don't enter anything - it hangs up on you.

question 1 - can I fix this through the telephone administration prompts?

question 2 - if not possible above...
I have read in other posts that there could be a setting via SCREEN and a computer connection. I don't have any original software/documentation - but I do have a serial cable. Can I connect with hyperterminal on a Vista laptop, or do I have to have the Comdial software?

Thanks!

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Comdial
Moderator-Comdial
You're asking it to route to an extension. The no digits dialed option will only route to a box. Perhaps one of the other mods knows a way to do this!

Moderator-Allworx, Nisuko-Tie, Vodavi
Moderator-Allworx, Nisuko-Tie, Vodavi
I'm thinking you could make the caller go to another RB and tell them to dial "1" (or any other number) to go to 102.

But I'm wondering what you have or don't have in 800 & 801 greetings that makes the callers not dial anything? Are they old?? Even older people know that all you have to do is dial "0". Do you have that as an option in the greeting? Where does "0" go? Does it go to 102?

The "No Digits" routing --Return,Say Goodbye, Go to another box or Hang up is a safety feature of the Voice Mail.

Theory-wise---if a good percentage of your callers are going to do nothing----then you might as well take out the AA portion and have the lines ring in directly to 102. No?? Just trying to understand.....

Moderator-Comdial, ESI, Voicemail, Cisco
Moderator-Comdial, ESI, Voicemail, Cisco
I'm thinking you're checking the wrong routing box when you check programming. What box are you checking?

Justin

Steve B Offline OP
OP Offline
I'm only doing this through the phone prompts - so I don't have the ability to check any box.

filling in some pieces. the current process works like this:
during the day the phone rings (and is in a hunt group) and if nobody picks up after 4 rings it will go to voicemail.

in the greeting, we ask for a user to enter "102" if they do not know the extension or if they would like to leave a message for the office staff.

I am trying to take this out of the message so that if the user does not enter anything, it will automagically play the greeting again, and then route to the 102 mailbox (and get the greeting for the office manager, who sits at 102).

I programmed (through prompts) for the no digit option to route to 102, but it is not working.

any pointers?

Moderator-Comdial
Moderator-Comdial
Change your no digits dialed option to route to box 888. This is the operator box. Open up the 888 MB and record a new greeting. Then set all messages to auto forward to 102.

Steve B Offline OP
OP Offline
frown I still get "thank you, good bye" if I sit and don't enter any digits.

fyi - I was notified today (and tried it tonight) that if you enter any valid extension during the prompt you get the "I'm sorry that is not a valid entry" error message. The only mailbox that I can enter is 821....

Moderator-Comdial
Moderator-Comdial
I just set a no digits dialed destination to a mb and the call routed to that ext then the mb.
I also set the voice detect to route to an ext. A nice feature I seldom use! I cannot duplicate your problems and recommend bringing someone in. To answer one of your original questions, yes, you need software to communicate with the voicemail.

Good possibility is that the no digits dialed is set to fwd to mailbox 102, but the transfer type is set to no transfer instead of blind.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,113 Shoretel
187,717 CTX100 install
186,810 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 7
pvj 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (JBean3329), 50 guests, and 422 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024