Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#422818 01/30/05 03:06 AM
Faris Offline OP
OP Offline
Well, here's another cusomer who has had a very, very bitter and costly experience with a Samsung dealer (in the UK). And now I'm "on my own" in terms of programming the system.

Luckily I'm not doing too badly. I seem to be able to do most of what I need to do.

But I have a couple of questions. Could someone help please?

My first question (or set of questions) regards Cadence. I'm mostly able to program it but I'd like to try the Cadence Maintenance Utility, or at least try plugging into the system via the serial port. But the serial port seems to have an unusual socket (A standard null modem cable or indeed any standard DB9 cable won't fit, as the holes within the metal shell seem to be reversed in comparison to the actual shell). Any ideas where I can get a cable, and where I can get the CMU? Incidentally, what is the parallel port for?

Next, moving on to the DCS itself, I'm trying to program a set of DID Digit settings. No problems in actually doing it, but sometimes when I try to set a particular target mailbox for Day or Night Mode, it rejects it as invalid data. This seems to be down to certain ranges of numbers being OK, and others not being OK. For example, I can create mailbox 250 in Cadence, but can't select that as target in the DID Digit menu. I can set 201 to 216 or to a valid 5xx Station or UCD group though, for example. Can anyone tell me what the limitations are please?

Incidentally (if I'm allowed to ask this question here?) could anyone suggest an estimate in $ or £ for the current resale value or the system we have? I just need a general idea. It is a DCS (one cab), with 4 port Cadence card, two ISDN 2e trunk connections, one Analog trunk connection, an AA card, and I think there's one of those "Misc A" type cards to allow for an external modem to be connected too. Oh yes, there are two (yes, just TWO) 24-key phones attached to it.

It is now three years old.

I really want to get rid of it. We don't even use 1% of its functionality and every time I think of the cost of the thing I cry.

Faris.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

pvj Offline
Moderator-Executone-Isoetec, Samsung
Moderator-Executone-Isoetec, Samsung
The serial port on Cadence is basixcally what you use to program it with although you can touch tone as well.The parallel port is basically used to backup the program with the CMU utility.
As for the DID digits you mention 250 as an example.Is there a valid extension number 250 in the system? I'm guessing not, try a valid extension as in the ones in the numbering plan in mmc 724.
As for the value I have no idea what the ISDN cards are worth since the US and Canada don't use them.Also the DCS switch has been discontinued but support should be available for it for a while.I like the DCS it's a pretty solid switch.Cadence has also been discontinued for a few years now as well and I personnaly hate hard drives.The new SVMi units are available with a compact flash drive which I prefer although the storage time is reduced.Time Samsung upgraded the size of the Flash modules as the prices on those has come way down.But I digress.

Faris Offline OP
OP Offline
Ah. Yes, 250 is not a valid extension. Thanks for the info. Much appreciated.

I've not played with mmc724 before... I'm not making much headway to be honest. It is described as "Provide the access codes and dialing plan needed for operation of features and programms".

And I can't quite make out what it does:

For example:

STN DIAL NUM: C1
S3-P03:202 ->

or, with arrow up, I get:

TRK DIAL NUM :C1
S1-P01:701 ->

And so on.

I can't quite understand how I would go about defining valid extensions. The arrow indicates it is a range, or a translation or something, but..

Any info would be appreciated.

Faris.

example STN DIAL NUM :C1 S3-P03:202 ->
C1= cabinet 1 s3= slot 3 p03= port 03 202= extension number.

Moderated by  nameless, pvj 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,806
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,376 Shoretel
189,072 CTX100 install
187,411 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 24
teleco 7
dexman 5
jsaad 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
3 members (Yoda, nortelvoip, Toner), 115 guests, and 411 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024