web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
FONEFXR Offline OP
OP Offline
Has anyone out there experimented with or have implemented any type of IP connection between the IDCS500 Rel 2 system via a MGI card or any other means to another manufactures switch specificly the Avaya's IP Office. If so could you give a little detial and email me. Thanks

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

You can forget about it.
SIP protocol is butchered, H323 is incomplete, proprietary protocol... is proprietary.

It took us better part of the month to integrate Asterisk to OS500.
There are bugs upon bugs in SIP and H323. Not to mention IP stack crashes in MCP2 if you’re not careful with extension diversions to VoIP trunks.
The only way to recover is to reset MCP2.

Our Samsung distributor would not even support you if they hear you doing SIP.
“Not supported” is all I get.

We originally wanted to connect a bunch of SIP phones to OS500. Bought 2 MGI’s and then found out that any SIP phones in
MMC840 are being ignored. After some debugging it works out that OS500 does not support SIP’s REGISTER command so you cannot authenticate any SIP phones to it.

We ended up building asterisk system that was working as a relay/proxy in front of OS500
The best thing is that we can now route calls to any VoIP provider that supports proper SIP/IAX2 protocols.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by FONEFXR:
Has anyone out there experimented with or have implemented any type of IP connection between the IDCS500 Rel 2 system via a MGI card or any other means to another manufactures switch specificly the Avaya's IP Office. If so could you give a little detial and email me. Thanks</font>

I was working on Faking the IDCS to use there ITP Keysets away from the system..

I go to the point where two keysets could connect to each other and talk without the system. but took me a good part of the day, so i haven't done anything else with it.

Note: Technically, it would then be possible to proxy another venders phone and make it appear to be a "ITP" phone to the system.

Contract SQL/C# Developer / Network Engineer
I connected a SIP to the DCS500
No problems.can call countrywide on my ADSL lines.Next step i connected the TE1PRI to the SIP an by using Asterisk we set up a "UCD" group.be carefull about your numbering plans on both the PBXes .
next step is to Impliment it in a "real" environment seeing that my test environment works fine.As soon as i,m done with the whole setup details on programming changes and hardware and software used will be made available.
By using the VOIP of the sip i have saved over ZAR4000.00 per month on inter-branch calls and improved customer relations by being able to X-fer a customers call to any branch.(Whatch out for the CO-CO timers though!!

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SlojoSA:
I connected a SIP to the DCS500
No problems.can call countrywide on my ADSL lines.Next step i connected the TE1PRI to the SIP an by using Asterisk we set up a "UCD" group.be carefull about your numbering plans on both the PBXes .
next step is to Impliment it in a "real" environment seeing that my test environment works fine.As soon as i,m done with the whole setup details on programming changes and hardware and software used will be made available.
By using the VOIP of the sip i have saved over ZAR4000.00 per month on inter-branch calls and improved customer relations by being able to X-fer a customers call to any branch.(Whatch out for the CO-CO timers though!!
</font>

How are you able to register the phone with OfficeServ if it replies to SIP REGISTER command with "NOT IMPLEMENTED"?

What version of software do you have?

Yeah, I would like more info.

Contract SQL/C# Developer / Network Engineer

Moderated by  nameless, pvj 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,710 CTX100 install
186,795 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
jc2it 4
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Toner), 163 guests, and 239 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024