web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
Hello.

I was wondering if anyone knew how to gain remote access to a trunk on your system?

I already know you that you need to:

step#1 Assign a DISA trunk in MMC#410

However, the next step is unclear to me.

Do you then need to.

Assign a station with a COS with DISA enabled.

Then place a direct call into that station from a remote location and dial "*" to dial the outside line?

Anyone with any experience with this? I'm just curious.

Thanks.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

you need to change atleast one station password in order for it to function properly. the default passwords dont work for security reasons

------------------
Altcomm @ A.S.E Inc
[Linked Image from altcomm.com]

OP Offline
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by wrichey:
you need to change atleast one station password in order for it to function properly. the default passwords dont work for security reasons

</font>

Ok, I understand I have to change the default password but other than that, would the principal on calling that extension from an remote location then dialing the * to get an open trunk correct?

Thanks.

No when you set a trunk to do disa and you call in on that trunk it gives you a system tone not a dail tone. so at the system tone you dail 202 or what ever the extension is and the passcode ie 2024545 4545 bieng the passcode then dail say 701 for line one and make your call or you can dail an ext like 500 to ring the operator group or 201 to call that ext direct when you want to make another call dail * and to terminate your call dail #

when you call in at the system tone just dail the ext+code and no *

OP Offline
Hello.

I have kind of a few stupid followup question.

1. As soon as you enable DISA for a trunk. All you need to do is dial into that trunk to receive a system tone?

Normally when you dial into a trunk, it will ring at an extension or I think will ring at 500 as a default if you don't have an extension assigned to it. Please correct me if I'm wrong here. How do you get the trunk to give you a system tone as soon as you call into it?

2. If you assign the trunk to ring into the extension(which has DISA enabled), does that mean you can skip step 1?

3. How do you dial into a specific trunk.

I realize with analog lines/channel banks going into a C1 Trunk card. You have phone number assign to a trunk.

However, I have a PRI lines going into a TEPRI card. It basically just grabs whatever trunk happens to be available. Is there a simple way to do this that I'm overlooking to dial into a certain trunk?

Thanks.

[This message has been edited by Calven007 (edited April 27, 2005).]

well 1. yes when you dail in on a disa trunk it automatically gives you a system tone (when you enabled disa the trunk ring was disabled on that line but only during disa times ie day or night or both, when it is not in disa mode it rings normal)

2. you cant assign a disa line to ring a station or group disa means direct inward system access and that is what you achieve when you call in, the system gives you access as if you were an extension on site

3.701 is line one 702 is line two and so on but if your trunks are actually channels on a pri I think 9 still works but thats not the point the question is what exactly are you setting to be disa a channel ? or a trunk ? I dont think its a wise idea to set disa on a pri or for that matter I dont think you can, but im not positive on that

also please include all information when posting ie you are using a pri on a tepri card. it helps when we know what you have before we can respond correctly. I personally have never set disa on a channel I dont even know if you can but im gonna try it out on our test bench and see (this senario has never come up for us) oh and one last question why disa on a pri I cant see the point

OP Offline
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by wrichey:
) oh and one last question why disa on a pri I cant see the point</font>

Hello.

May I ask why a PRI trunk would discourage you to do DISA access? I thought the concept of DISA would be to gain remote access to a trunk on a system? Why would it make a difference if the system was connected to a TI,PRI or analog trunks?

Thank you for the response.I appreciate your help.

well if the pri is set to using any channel or highest first you wouldnt get the disa in a consistant manner unless you set a channel specifically for disa and this would defeat the purpose of a pri and its ability to use did on all channels ie you lock up a channel for disa only this would also create the issue of what ddi you would use and were to route it in mmc 714 but I could be wrong.(it has happened before) see thats the problem I have not used a pri in that manner so I cant be positive it works correctly if at all

Moderated by  nameless, pvj 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,710 CTX100 install
186,795 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Toner), 159 guests, and 238 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024