web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
Hello.

I noticed that many phone systems are either made in Asia or America.

I was wondering if samsung would be considered an Asian phone system or an American phone system.

I realized that Samsung was a Koran company however the plant is located in Texas.

Does anyone know what level of the phone is developed, programmed, built in America vs Asia?

Thanks.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Samsung IS a Korean company.
SamsungUSA is a distributing co.

it funny you bring this up it hasnt been an issue in sales in years since the japanese companies moved to us soil due to tariffs
and once a customer wouldnt here of a japanese system but, yet again the the owners were of the age that probably had their as--
shot up in the the south pacific

and if you look on the back of a new toshiba set it says 'made in indonesia' go figure

OP Offline
Its funny that so many people drive Mitsubishi cars. You see them advertised like they are an part of the American culture. However, many people buying them today do not realize that Mitsubishi made the planes used to kill so many Americans during the war.

I do not know of any phones that are actually manufactured in the US anymore. Anyone know of any? Some will say something like "designed and engineered in the US" but they are still being made in Indonesia, Taiwan, China, Mexico, or some other place where labor is dirt cheap...

I personally feel it's a shame! But what can we do about it that's the real question?

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by clgjr:
I personally feel it's a shame! But what can we do about it that's the real question?</font>

We are all guilty of this one. Look at the things you buy, do you put it down when it is made in Mexico or China, or do you buy it anyway. I'm not pointing my finger, I buy some of these products myself because they work well and are cheaper. But that small savings on an individual basis is bad for the economy.
Drive to any shopping center in the USA and try to find a parking place. Look at the size of the SUV's. With that many people shopping and the cars they drive will tell you what is wrong.
BTW I noticed this because I was out there too, so I am just as guilty.
As a Moderator I must say if we continue this thread it nees to be in the phone booth forum because it is no longer about Samsung.

[This message has been edited by CMDL_GUY (edited May 04, 2005).]

Moderated by  nameless, pvj 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,294
Posts638,834
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,624 Shoretel
189,515 CTX100 install
187,772 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 24
teleco 9
dans 5
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 138 guests, and 337 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024