web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
Hello.

This is a very strange problem. I am looking for any possible solution that might sove this problem.

I have a 3rd party voicemail system(Aleen VME PRO) running on a Samsung iDCS 500. First off, can anyone tell me the correct message light(on) signal and the correct message light(off) signal?

The problem is that SOMETIMES, the message light won't turn on after a message is left. People get important message but don't realize they are there until a month later.

This might happen 20% of the time!

Other problem is sometimes the message light won't turn off after the message is listening to and delete. Even hitting 43 shows the message waiting light is coming from the voicemail system.

Now, I was fooling around in the VM/AA options in MMC 726(I think) trying to get caller ID turned on. I might of accidentally changed another setting.

Can anyone offer any suggestion on how to solve this problem or future examine this problem?

Thanks for your help.

[This message has been edited by The_Assistant (edited May 06, 2005).]

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

pvj Offline
Moderator-Executone-Isoetec, Samsung
The message light on/off codes are 41E for on,42E for off.Where E is the extension number.If the problem is intermittent then you have your work cut out for you.Short of logging the dtmf sent between the voicemail and the phone system its awfully hard to tell which is at fault.One thing to remember is that the voicemail is using dtmf receivers .You could have a bad one or not enough?Are there any other sli devices on the system also using those resources?
Man if someone doesn't see their message for a month don't they get other messages?When they enter the mailbox they should be told how many new messages they have.

OP Offline
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by pvj:
The message light on/off codes are 41E for on,42E for off.Where E is the extension number.If the problem is intermittent then you have your work cut out for you.Short of logging the dtmf sent between the voicemail and the phone system its awfully hard to tell which is at fault.One thing to remember is that the voicemail is using dtmf receivers .You could have a bad one or not enough?Are there any other sli devices on the system also using those resources?
Man if someone doesn't see their message for a month don't they get other messages?When they enter the mailbox they should be told how many new messages they have.
</font>

Its a pretty bad problem because the company deal with extremely time sensitive stock transactions, voicemail is not used very often. However, when you have such a time sensitive voice message left for a month, it even worse.

Let me ask you something. Do you know how to Log the dtmf sent down the SLI line?

Is there a program you can use on a laptop and a modem that will log these tones?

I have had so many problems with this Aleen, that I'm considering scraping the whole 3rd party voice mail and replacing it with a Samsung brand voicemail system.

Thanks.

[This message has been edited by The_Assistant (edited May 09, 2005).]

go to www.sandman.com and order a digit grabber then you can watch the digits being sent and recieved but I think the inskin will work better for you and them in the long run.

The aleen is a good product but you need to make sure it sends the correct digits to the system like P said and the digit grabber will at the bare minimum give you a new tool for your bag :-)

OP Offline
Is it normally not to be able to listen to message in the order of most recent to least recent? Or at least have the ability to quickly navigate to your most recently saved messages?

For example,if you accidentally skip over a new message or wanted to listen to a message you got this morning.

Do most voicemail system make you scroll through your voicemail starting from the first voicemail you got way back in June 2004 and press#1 about 145 times to get to the message you got this morning?

Without any ability to navigate past your messages?

I am not trying to be sarcastic here because I really don't know if this is common for most voice mail system to do?(certainly something Aleen is unable to do)

Thanks.

[This message has been edited by The_Assistant (edited May 10, 2005).]

pvj Offline
I have seen voicemail systems that allow you to listen to messages on a LIFO or FIFO.But if you have 145 messages then you are what I call a pack rat.As for finding a particular message yes you will have to go through them,how could you tell that its message 79 that you want to hear and skip to that one?

OP Offline
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by pvj:
I have seen voicemail systems that allow you to listen to messages on a LIFO or FIFO.But if you have 145 messages then you are what I call a pack rat.As for finding a particular message yes you will have to go through them,how could you tell that its message 79 that you want to hear and skip to that one?</font>

Well, The Aleen forces you to press #1 a couple times just to get past 1 message. I don't have 145 messages but many of the voice messages are important to keep for legal purpose.

When I was referring to the ability to navigate in your voice mail system. I did not mean to choose 1 particular message.

It was more of a way to automatically skip from your first message to your last message which are on opposite side of your mailbox.

I don't mean to change the subject from the Aleen voicemail system but can you tell me if either the Samsung SVMI-8 or SVMI-8E has " LIFO or FIFO option?

Thanks for your help.

Moderated by  nameless, pvj 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,768
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,454 Shoretel
188,306 CTX100 install
187,085 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 7
dexman 4
jc2it 4
Who's Online Now
4 members (newtecky, Carl Navarro, James D., justbill), 123 guests, and 302 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024