Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#423509 05/16/05 07:07 AM
Tailor Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi Again,

I guess it could be considered a bug by some that if the LAN is started with a Gateway that can't be reached from it's IP address that the LAN becomes completely unusable. There is no setting you can change to recover from this, download the database using PCMMC and then default the system.
Once in default you should set the IP and Gateway address and restart the LAN and test.
All being OK, open the database offline in PCMMC and edit MMC830 with the correct IP and Gateway.
You should now be able to upload this database and the LAN should continue to work.

Hope this makes it clearer

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#423510 05/17/05 03:51 AM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Tailor:
Hi Again,

I guess it could be considered a bug by some that if the LAN is started with a Gateway that can't be reached from it's IP address that the LAN becomes completely unusable. There is no setting you can change to recover from this, download the database using PCMMC and then default the system.
Once in default you should set the IP and Gateway address and restart the LAN and test.
All being OK, open the database offline in PCMMC and edit MMC830 with the correct IP and Gateway.
You should now be able to upload this database and the LAN should continue to work.

Hope this makes it clearer
</font>

Hello.

Thank you, that is a lot more clear when you explain it like that.

I was afraid that might of been the case. That would be on the same level as cloning a hard drive then formatting the server which runs NASDAQ or a major hospital database in order to correct a setting. The phone system is being used in an extremely time sensitive area where even a few minutes of downtime can be disastrous!

I wondering if there might possible be a less extreme and risky solution to this problem? Perhaps by removing the LAN card then reinstalling it?

I am able to get into the LAN settings in MMC#830 and view.
1. LAN: IP ADDRESS
2. LAN SUBNET MASK
3. LAN GATEWAY
4. PCMMC ADDRESS
5. Remote M/A ADDR

There is no other way to correct the mac address short of formatting the entire phone system? Its easier to reset the password than to fix this MAC address problem.

Thanks.

#423511 05/17/05 04:48 AM
Tailor Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi,

I'm fairly sure it was fixed on later software,I've just tested a M1.24 and couldn't reproduce it. In the early days i did a fair amount of testing on this problem but it hasn't reared it's head now for some years. If you let me know you versions in MMC 727, such as MCP, SCP (If Any) and LAN, I'll reproduce it and try and find a workaround.

#423512 08/17/05 04:50 AM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Tailor:
Hi,

I'm fairly sure it was fixed on later software; I’ve just tested a M1.24 and couldn't reproduce it. In the early days i did a fair amount of testing on this problem but it hasn't reared it's head now for some years. If you let me know you versions in MMC 727, such as MCP, SCP (If Any) and LAN, I'll reproduce it and try and find a workaround.

</font>

Hi Tailor.

It sounds like you have actual seen this exact error before. Has your LAN card actually had the MAC address of "FFFFFFFFFF"?

Could it be that its just a configuration issue and the card itself is not bad?

Do you think a system reboot would fix the problem or would it actually have to be a restore factory default settings?

Thank you for offering to look for an alternative to fixing this problem besides the drastic factory defult settings.

The card can export SMDR data via Serial connection on the I/O port.

Here is some of the information you requested:

MCP Version
2003.02.14 S1.25

SCP Version
2002.11.19 V1.09

LCP1 Version
2001.12.13 V1.03

LAN Version
"No VERSION DATA"

* Is there suppose to be version data displayed for the LAN? It actually said that there is "No version data"

#423513 09/03/05 04:09 PM
I got it working again.

I did a reset of the system and now it has the correct MAC address!

Moderated by  nameless, pvj 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,297
Posts638,856
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,663 Shoretel
189,571 CTX100 install
187,847 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dans 5
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Carl Navarro), 141 guests, and 271 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024