Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
Hello.

I have a very complex question.

I want to have an announcement saying something like " Your call may be recorded for quality assurance" However I don't want to use an auto attendant system to route calls!

The customers HATE auto attendant dialing options and would rather not use it at all however only a short announcement is needed for legal reason on recorded calls.

Considering the following fact:

1.The business has prided itself in always having a life person answer the phone.

2. Different DDI numbers go to different departments on the PRI line.

My question is given this situation, how would you have your VM give a short announcement saying " your call may be recorded for quality assurance" before the different departments answer the phone and without using an auto attendant dialing option prompts to route calls?

Please let me know if anyone has any ideas on this?

Thanks for your help.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

pvj Offline
Moderator-Executone-Isoetec, Samsung
Couldn't you use the voicemail to answer the calls first then play your message and then pass the calls to the operator or based on line id to where you need it to go?If you want that announcement to play then something has to play it either an AA or a voicemail.

Assuming you are using an SVMi-E voice mail, you can set up several menus. In the forward trunk menu you will assign group 501to ring 529 with a no response destinatin of 511, using prompt 1001. Calls come in with one group, exit with a second group that will ring phones.l This limits you to a pretty small number of departments, but is one way to get it done.

Just use a full time auto attendant with this message. "thank you for calling (ABC Company), your call may be recorded or monitored for quality assurance purposes, please stay on the line for prompt service" then call is transferred to operator who can direct the call. That message takes ten seconds or less then they have a live person.

OP Offline
Originally posted by pvj:
Couldn't you use the voicemail to answer the calls first then play your message and then pass the calls to the operator or based on line id to where you need it to go?If you want that announcement to play then something has to play it either an AA or a voicemail.
I could do that however I have several departments that people can call directly to.

I have:

A. 2 operators for the mail number
B. Phone number to the accounting area.
C. Phone number to Tech support.

So are you suggesting that on a 4 port voicemail system, I have

Line #1 No response: Main operators(group 500)
Line #2 No response: Main Operators(Group 500)
Line #3 No response: Accounting Dept.(group 501)
Line #4 No response: Tech support department(Group 502)

Then create
Line#1,Line#2 extensions as being Group 530.
Line#3 531
Line#4 532

So I would be limited to 1 phone ringing in each area without being able to get multiple calls at once? So if someone is not answering the phone(because its a telemarketer), the 10 people calling in behind him will not get picked up because the voicemail line is busy?

The Voicemail system would then become a major bottleneck in the phone traffic?

I mean, I see this could work however its at the expense of simultaneous calls right?

Is this correct?

Thanks.

OP Offline
I don't suppose any voicemail system has DTMF routing based on the actual phone number DIALED?

Kind of like MMC 714 on a PRI line but only for a voicemail/auto attendant level?

That would work but I don't know if it exists. What do you guys think?

OP Offline
Ok, option #3. I'm just thinking out loud here but what if you.

1. Created a couple of virtual extension on the system with virtual mailbox which has a greeting as " Your call may be recorded for quality assurance"

2. Main phone number(2 operators), Accounting department, Technical support all had their own virtual extension mailbox saying the message.

3. Virtual extensions are forwarded to the REAL group extensions numbers.

555-5412 -to-VIRT 800-Group500(operators).
555-3923-to-virt 801-group 501(accounting)

This way you could use all lines however I don't know if the timers on the voicemail can be set to forward a no responce to like 1 seconds.

The idea is to play this short message and send the call to the department with little or no wait.

Let me know what you think.

Thanks.

pvj Offline
Thats the idea,if you could even create a menu for each destination and play a message and then no response go to a group that would ring the phones.
Of course each incoming call will temporarily tie up a voicemail port so there's traffic to consider.As well if you are recording calls then there goes a voicemail port.

If the company recieves calls by the dozens I wouldn't try this with only 4 ports. But the actual delay caused by voice mail answering the call, playing a 10-second message, then transferring the call to a station group should not be that great - maybe 15 seconds from start to finish.

Callers who may stack up in line will hear ringback to the voice mail, maybe 4 or 5 rings worth. But still, 4 ports of voice mail is not a lot if you are going to intercept calls plus record messages.

An AA card is probably cheaper to add than more voicemail ports, and will work better for you since a. you will dedicate 8 AA ports to playing this message, b. different messages may be played based on the station group that forwards to the AA card, c. you have the ability to implement UCD functions if they become necessary, and d. if the reps actually do record a call, your resources for playing the message to new callers will not be reduced.

The AA card is an under-utilized resource that really can work wonders in getting callers from point A to point B.

pvj Offline
But an AA card isn't able to route the calls like he wants.He wants it to be transparent to the caller they get a message and then go their called party.
We must be dealing with a 100 or 500 here so you could use 8 ports of voicemail or 16 if its a 500.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  nameless, pvj 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,294
Posts638,834
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,609 Shoretel
189,498 CTX100 install
187,727 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dans 5
dexman 5
Who's Online Now
2 members (nortelvoip, BobRobert), 108 guests, and 328 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024