Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
TMOD Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi

I have two officeserv 500 on which I need to change the default gateways, and two SVMi8 that need the gateways changed too.

Our installer has raised concerns about this relating to doing the change from the PCMMC as apparently this frequently fails and kills the system. They have stated that this has to be done from a digital key phone (which we don't have as we have a full IP solution).

Has anyone any experience of changing the default gateway on the systems and know of any problems relating to this?

thanks

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Get another opinion. MMC 830 and 831 can be changed by PCMMC. yes the system will needed to be restarted and your IP phones should be set for DHCP and have the proper MCP IP address information so it can load. The tech will need to do the same on the SVMi. The SVMi must be de-activated and specific commands enterd. If he/she has an issue with PCMMC maybe it's a issue of compatability with the release of PCMMC and the 500.

TMOD Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks for that 1grumpy

TMOD Offline OP
OP Offline
Now for the next question as I have hit a minor snag.

Is there anyway of setting routes on the officeserv 500? eg I need 192.168.1.* to go via gateway 1 and 192.168.2.* to go via gateway 2

you should just be able to punch your respective gateways in for the mcp and the mgi. the trouble begins with the phones as they will only see one gateway and the way the system functions ie the handshake happens with the mcp and talkpath happens with the mgi, you probably wont talk. So if at all possible you need to leave the gateway the same for both cards.

Why would you set them up in different gateways? I am just wondering.

TMOD Offline OP
OP Offline
We have multiple wan connection to diffferent sites which for some reason have different gateways rather than going through a single router (soon to be changed, but need a temp fix)

Moderated by  nameless, pvj 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,296
Posts638,846
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,651 Shoretel
189,541 CTX100 install
187,787 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dans 5
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (nortelvoip, Yoda), 124 guests, and 257 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024