Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
I have a Samsung DCS-816 with 7 DS-5007S Keysets

I have 3 lines on 3 trunks:

701 - CNX
702 - FAX
703 - SEO

I wanted to be able to pickup the handset of a ringing phone and press one of the 7 programable LED keys to pickup an outside line Instead of picking up the handset and automaticly answering the call.

I used MMC code 110 to turn auto answer off.

Now I cant make internal calls properly. I dial an extension (from 202 to 206), it rings, you pick it up and nothing happens, it just keeps ringing. (found out that you have to press the confreence button twice to answer an internal call?!?!)

Is there anyway of doing what i want and auto answering internal calls properly?

SKULLZ

P.I.C.N.I.C
Problem In Chair Not In Computer
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

if you turned off ringing pref then you did the right thing. I dont see the auto answer in mmc 110 :shrug:

I would check 103 and make sure the stations are set to auto answer.

also it sounds like you turned headset mode on by mistake. I bet when you try that call again and hit the speaker key or ans/rls it works ok

because I dont know what you have programmed as buttons thats about all I can come up with. laugh

OP Offline
I haven't turned headset mode on. I checked that and that is set to off.

I don't want the keyset to auto answer any calls so i dont want to put it on auto answer.

I've programmed the first 3 LED buttons to display the 3 incoming trunks and thats it.

SKULLZ

P.I.C.N.I.C
OP Offline
I can program the other 4 LED buttons for internal calls but the problem with that is when an outside call comes in from any trunk it makes all the other LED's flash.

SKULLZ

P.I.C.N.I.C
dont give the phones ds keys just give them call keys and you can get away with two call keys then use the rest as you wish.

as for the ringing line selection I am stumped. Did you try answering like I suggested? and what was the outcome?

by the way the keyset has to have atleast one call key for intercom to work.

OP Offline
I tried what you suggested and it didnt work.

I will try the call keys ASAP

Cheers :-)

SKULLZ

P.I.C.N.I.C
pvj Offline
Moderator-Executone-Isoetec, Samsung
Moderator-Executone-Isoetec, Samsung
The "internal" keys are DS keys right?If the phone is set to ring then whenever the phone rings it will light up on the other phones.The 100 and probaly 500 have the option of the keys flashing with ring instead of lighting up solid,not sure if the 816 has this or not.
I don't think call keys will solve your problem ,just free up some buttons.

I see were your going but I wasent trying to save buttons. assuming the latest in software because of the 5007 phone you still need a call key.

Because you dont have any other keys except trunk keys is what I based my answers on. So you do need atleast one call key I dont care were on the phone :thumb:

I've programmed the first 3 LED buttons to display the 3 incoming trunks and thats it.
sorry for all the questions but did you happen to upgrade your software when you put the 5000 series phones on your system or is this a new system because the dcs 816 manny I have does not say you can use those phones.

as for the ring line pref it is set to off in mmc 110 and the auto answer in 103 is on.

OP Offline
Yes Thanks for all your help!

When I started programing the phones / phone system i deleted the call 1 and call 2 buttons. I realise now that you need a call key for internal calls to work properly.

In answer to your questions:

The internal keys "where" DS keys. (I dont have hem now)
No, I haven't Upgraded the System Software. Bought the System with Phones from Samsung Direct set them up and away we went.
Ring pref. is set to off in mmc 110.
mmc 103 is set to ring mode.

This is my P.I.C.N.I.C for the week.

Thanks for all your help!

SKULLZ

P.I.C.N.I.C
So it's resolved then?

now you can intercom correctly and when an incomming call comes in you have to select the line.

Glad too help. Keep in tough with us from time to time because the UK systems a still a bit of a mistery to us and you might be able to help out now and again laugh

Moderated by  nameless, pvj 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,294
Posts638,834
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,625 Shoretel
189,516 CTX100 install
187,774 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 24
teleco 9
dans 5
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
3 members (dexman, nortelvoip, justbill), 147 guests, and 327 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024