web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
Hi.

Is there a way to page without having to be forced to lift the handset?

I know the reason they do it this way to prevent background noise and feedback,etc..

However, my situation needs to be able to page without lifting the handset and I was wondering if there was a way to disable that requirement or a work around using a group call with a forced auto-answer or something to that effect?

Please let me know if anyone has any ideas as to how this might be done.

Thanks for your help.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Sorry chief but I think your stuck on that one. The only way to page using speaker phone is to use external paging using a trunk key for the page port.

pvj Offline
Moderator-Executone-Isoetec, Samsung
Moderator-Executone-Isoetec, Samsung
Are you trying to external page or does it also have to page through the handsets?

OP Offline
I am trying to do an internal page through the speaker phone instead of being forced to use the handsets.

I had some other phones that allowed you to do a page with the speaker phone but the samsung does not seem to let you as far as I can see. I was just wondering if there was a way to change this setting or a tricky way of making a page using the speaker phone instead of the handset.

Thanks.

I have an idea but it requires voicemail to make it work.

Create a SG Key for Station Group 50X, x being whatever you have open. Create that station group with a virtual extension as a member, 3501 is the first by default. Then set the overflow of that group to voicemail. In forward station menu, set the HG number to goto a Dial Block. In the dial block, make the dial string the page feature code, default is 55, and then the page zone number. The system should see that voicemail is paging, not the individual station and allow you to use speaker phone. May not work, but its just a thought.

Mitel, Samsung, CTP+ and A+ Certified.
Bacher that sounds like it will work but you might want to take the phone that is doing this out of the page group or you might get a nasty squeal (feedback)

well by default the system will not page a phone that isn't idle any way so it wouldn't matter. Interesting idea, I wonder how long the whole process takes or if it is really quick once the key is pressed.

Moderated by  nameless, pvj 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,294
Posts638,834
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,622 Shoretel
189,510 CTX100 install
187,771 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dans 5
dexman 5
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 129 guests, and 337 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024