web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
OP Offline
REB, thanks for your response again. Unfortunately, my phone guy sold his business so now I have to find another local Comdial dealer and start all over again. Any suggestions in the Columbus / Pickerington (Ohio) area would be appreciated. Like you said, I will request they pull the status logs during the bewitching time. From my notes and recollection, at the vendor meet in Aug of 2010, my phone guy was hooked up to the phone system and he showed no errors. My notes next indicate them "trying a different signaling type".

In the meantime, Earthlink was just here. He isolated the T1 and it DID NOT drop any calls during the bewitching time. His personal guess is that our older Comdial phone system has errors accumulating and can't clear itself out because it doesn't have an error buffer. So once again, they blame my phone system. Have you heard of this before? He believes it is also possible that it loses calls at 2:30 AM as well as PM. How could our phone system accumulate a year's worth of errors before reacting again?? If that is the case, how is it possible that our phone system cleared all its supposed errors when AT&T had a power failure (we had power, just no phones and no internet)? Is it possible for me to easily perform a "hard reset" to my phone system (other than throwing it out the window)? Hopefully a fresh pair of Comdial eyes can help resolve this unbelievable situation. Any suggestions welcome.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Admin
Admin
Describe the phone system to us...by replacing the synch board I can tell it's either a DXP, DXP Plus, FX, or MP5000 series. From that I can tell you what you need to do to accomplish this.

[Linked Image]
dxp she said earlier ^_^

Admin
Admin
Must read THOROUGHLY he said to self.. :rofl:

[Linked Image]
smile

doesnt really sound like the system though if it's pinpoint specific times of the day that it happens consistently....phone system issue would rear its head much more imo hard to say for sure over the net though haha.

Admin
Admin
Agree...wanted her tech to pull the status logs showing yellow alarms for the T1 and times to provide to carrier. Phone systems don't heal themselves but carriers are quick to blame them and yet can't explain how the circuit mysteriously quits dropping.

[Linked Image]
OP Offline
Thanks REB and dtcd for your responses. I have a new Comdial tech coming Thurs afternoon to get me the status logs. We will be switching to AT&T with no contract in a few days. Hopefully we'll be able to get to the bottom of this situation and save some money in the meantime. I refuse to believe its our phone system. Can't wait to get someone from AT&T in the hotseat. Still losing calls every day at 2:32 and 2:34. Absolutely maddening. Thanks, will keep you posted.

Dumb question, but I assume the correct sync jumper is installed to correspond to the slot that the T1 card is at in the DXP. Sometimes it will work intermittently without it but I can't say I've ever seen it die a a certain time of day with the jumper removed.

ElectSys Tech LLC
Hosted Phone Systems Solutions Provider
Allworx, Sangoma, FreePBX
Telephone & computer systems in the Jefferson City, Columbia MO area.
Almost sounds like a DHCP lease failure (every 24 hours) on some piece of equipment in the CO.

ElectSys Tech LLC
Hosted Phone Systems Solutions Provider
Allworx, Sangoma, FreePBX
Telephone & computer systems in the Jefferson City, Columbia MO area.
OP Offline
So, I had my new phone tech show up last Thurs to get me my status logs and check things out on my phone system. Several hours later, he tells me he thinks he fixed my phone system. ?? What? You’re kidding, right? Apparently, the time on our phone system was 12 hours off. He explained that older phone systems (correction from previous entry – Comdial FXii) such as mine automatically reset themselves every night to clear out any errors and such. First of all, I have never had the pleasure of changing the time on our phone system. This was always taken care of by the receptionist. When our receptionist left, the boss’ wife took over her responsibilities (somewhat). So when daylight savings time rolled around in Oct of 2009, the boss’ wife changed the time but did not enter it in military time, which began my lost call journey. This problem lasted an entire year with many, many visits from our phone vendor, vendor meets and countless telephone conversations, not to mention time consumed by just being on a phone call to verify whether or not the problem still existed. Last Oct, 2010, “wifey” must have changed the time during the morning hours so military time would not have been an issue. And poof, no more hang up calls. This coincidentally occurred around the same time AT&T had their power failure. I assumed it was their power failure that fixed our phone system. Nope. So when the phone gremlins showed back up again last month, I was absolutely beside myself. Finding out that it was the boss’ wife sabotaging my phone system because she cannot follow proper instructions just about sent me over the edge. You would have thought as many “phone people” I have been in contact with and that have looked at my phone, someone would be able to figure out to check the time??? I had to eat crow and let Earthlink know it was in fact our phone system causing the problem. Well, all I can say is now I have to add “changing day light saving time to the phone system” to my already overloaded list of responsibilities since it obviously confuses “wifey”. At least the good news I know what was causing the lost calls and it has been fixed; and I didn’t go to jail for shooting the boss’ wife.

I’m curious to see if any of you Comdial techs have ever heard of older phone systems resetting themselves every night?? My new tech said you won’t find it in a manual, its just common knowledge for “techs who have been doing this as long as I have”.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,806
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,376 Shoretel
189,072 CTX100 install
187,411 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 24
teleco 7
dexman 5
jsaad 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
3 members (Yoda, nortelvoip, Toner), 115 guests, and 411 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024