Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#427545 09/25/06 09:50 AM
pmoon Offline OP
OP Offline
My company has ordered a 7200 system for our new office building. I have discussed this situation with the provider, but they didn't know the answer.

We want to have customers greeted by a press 1 for sales, press 2 for support menu option. If they select 2, we want them to go to an available support rep, or into a support queue if none are available. The concern we have is that we don't ever want our lines to be saturated with support calls sitting in a queue. Is there any way to configure the system so that it maxes out support calls at 4 current calls and 3 more in the queue, at which point callers would just get a message that we are not currently accepting support calls and to please try back later?

Thanks,

Paul

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

The provider can control call volume and give a busy tone to the calling party prior to the call being sent to you. There will have different options so you will have to decide the amount of calls. I would contact the business office for more details.

the AA is capable of UCD and you can limit the groups then once maxed you can send back to the last port on the AA and have it say exactly what you want. But you will be dedicating a port and therefore loosing it for normal use or set the retry count to 0 that will work aswell.

If you have a vm on the system just have the AA overflow the calls to it then have an announce only box there that will hang up after speaking. This is the best way.

pmoon Offline OP
OP Offline
We are getting two 4 port SVMi-20e cards to make sure we have enough ports for everything.

Do you have any other recommendations for our scenario? We have 10 lines coming in. Calls will be divided between sales, customer service, and support. Our concern is that we don't want to lose sales calls because all of our lines are filled with support calls sitting in the queue. Can we have separate queues for sales and for support?

Our last system was a DIY DCS system, of which we used almost no functionality. I want to take full advantage of the new system, but I don't know that I can rely on our new provider to give us all of the best suggestions.

Moderated by  nameless, pvj 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,815
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,390 Shoretel
189,115 CTX100 install
187,419 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 7
dexman 5
jsaad 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 114 guests, and 386 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024