Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#428226 01/15/07 04:30 AM
pmoon Offline OP
OP Offline
We recently put in a 7200 system in our new office. One of the funtions we want to have is caller ID, so the system includes a CID2 card. All of the trunks are set to type CID with MMC 414.

Every call that comes in is displaying that no CID information is available. I called the technician who programmed our system for us, and he says they may need to swap the CID2 card for a CID1 card.

Does this sound right? Why would Samsung have a CID2 card that doesn't give CID? What else can I check?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

It looks like its checking for CID. Have you checked to make sure the provider is sending it?

I can only assume you ment RCM2. But that should not matter, the system is looking otherwise you would not get the "no cid available" on the screen

If you have tested everything and verified that the CID can be displayed on an analog caller id box, then you may have a problem with the provider-samsung compatibility. I saw this issue once before when the customer was extremely close to the C.O.

Apparently although the RCM2 is more advanced than the RCM1 (RCM 2 allows for CID to be passed to single line devices). The RCM1 is more universally compatible with different carriers.

Test everything else first, then consider replacing the unit with an RCM1. They are hard to find, as samsung discontinued them.

Mitel, Samsung, CTP+ and A+ Certified.
do you get from your ISP a "DTMF" or "FSK" CID ?
samsung PBXs detect FSK CIDs only

Here's something to check that may be the cause of your issue. Check MMC 119 and see if it set for name first on all extensions. Usually carriers provide 2 forms of CID, basic which gives you just the number, and enhanced, which gives you name and number. You may only have basic CID and the phones are set to display the name. You could if possible too put a CID box directly on the line or a CID phone and see if it displays there.

If any one has any more suggestions on Caller ID problems on a 7200 I would be very interested in hearing from you. I have one location with analog lines that will not work with any of the RCM2 carded systems,500,7200,7400. All tested on site and all failed(side note 100 works fine)as soon as I take them off site they test good. Working with tech support 4 months they offered to refund me they don't know. Voltages and current are within spec, caller ID works on test set and os100??

So if i understand correctly...hardware is good because all works on other sites. But 7200 still wont work on that site, but 100 does. That is pretty strange. I do know that the 100 is very resiliant when it comes to caller ID. Maybe the 7200 is more picky. I have plenty of 7200's that work fine with rcm2. It sounds like something on your lines.

Is it possible that the CO is sending the info to you before the system is set to receive the data? Maybe if they had a POT's line for their fax that was already installed before the change could you swap it as a test?

Sam Sung- I agree there is somthing about the lines that is different, but the phone company has tested the lines 2 different times. How can you point a finger when it works on my test set also.
Rowlettdon- I don't understand you thought? I have tested it with multiple lines? Please explain. Thanks

Sounds like the definition of conundrum. And vise versa, how can you point the finger at the system when you can take the system to multiple other sites and it works fine. I'm dumbfounded on that one.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  nameless, pvj 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,815
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,381 Shoretel
189,088 CTX100 install
187,414 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 7
dexman 5
jsaad 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 117 guests, and 408 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024