web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
Ok, here is a quick background...

Site A has an iDCS 500 with a TEPRI card and a SVMi-16e. This system is the centralized voicemail and the centralized trunks for the two systems. All the DIDs (~120 of them) come through this T1.

Site B has an iDCS100 with just an MGI3 card and some DLI cards. It gets all it's trunks and voicemail from Site A.

I have PABX Software installed on a computer at Site A. It is an SMDR information gathering program that displays it. It is great software, I would highly suggest it to everyone. wink That is working fine on that computer.

When a DID comes to the system that is for Site A it rings the station/station group then when they answer I can view the information on the DID report. At the end of the month I can see how many calls came in on a certain DID and so on. That's working fine.

The problem comes in when I want to check the DID's for Site B. The way I have it setup, when a DID comes into Site A that is for Site B, it just passes the DID to the iDCS100. The iDCS100 then has MMC 714 built so that it can send the called to the correct station/station group.

What I want to accomplish is when a DID comes into the 500 that is for the 100 it registers that DID on the SMDR information...Right now it is doing this...
[Linked Image from img64.imageshack.us]

If you look at that picture you will see that did 4300 is working properly, it is being sent to a group on the 500 so it shows up. Now, line 5 from the bottom shows "0028100" What that means is that DID 8100 is being seen on the 500 and being sent to node 002 which is the 100. So it is just passing that DID over to the 100. Therefore it does not show up on the report.

The first thing I tried is I made 8100 ring extension 3501 then immediately ring a station group at Site B. The results of that were row 6. It just shows a "-". So, next thing I did was make did 8100 ring group 510 at Site A then overflow to group 551 at Site B. That produced the same result.

So basically I am just trying to make all DID's register the same as line 3 regardless of which system they ring at. I know it is kind of convoluted how I am saying everything so let me know if you all have any questions...

www.A1Bizcom.com
Specializing in selling and installing new and used Samsung systems
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Have you tryed to send the SMDR from the 100 to the pc running the SMDR software over the ip?

Most likely there is nothing you can do about the data being spit out of the system. If you look at the RAW SMDR data using hyperterminal does it show anything other than what is comming up on the call accounting software? Not sure since I haven't used the PABX software for call accounting but will it take more than one SMDR input or can it be configured to take the SMDR from more than one IP address. Both the 500 and 100 systems can send SMDR to an IP address. I use a call accounting software called officewatch made by Metropolis. It has a very nice GUI interface and can take inputs from multiple sites using an add on tool. I think you'll need to have the SMDR from the 100 sent to your call accounting to get the right info all in 1 report. Try hooking up the software to the 100 if you can and see what it shows for those missrepresented calls comming from the 500 system. Holp this helps or leads you to a solution.

OP Offline
Yeah, I know this software will make the right data if I were to install it on a computer over at Site B and have the iDCS100 spit out SMDR information out to that computer. Then, I would have to Tell the computer at Site A to compile data from the information on the computer at Site B. I would have to buy another license though. It might be that's what I am going to have to end up doing. But I just wanted to see if there was any workaround. I don't think there is though.....

The PABX software can only take inputs from one device per computer. That is one downside but you can setup multiple sites, keeping in mind that it is also one computer per site.

www.A1Bizcom.com
OP Offline
And yes, if I look at the SMDR information it is the same information as what I posted up there.

www.A1Bizcom.com

Moderated by  nameless, pvj 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,300
Posts638,879
Members49,770
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,775 Shoretel
189,850 CTX100 install
187,975 1a2 system
Newest Members
Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D.
49,769 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 22
teleco 9
dans 7
dexman 6
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 131 guests, and 219 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024