Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#428524 02/28/07 06:06 AM
I have a similar issue. My versions:

OS 100 MCP 2.63
Dataview 1.5.1
Link 2.0.5

The server is far from bogged down memory wise, but the customer says that it crashes nearly every day. There are also wallboard issues that I have TS looking at. I didn't do the install, but I am in regular contact with the person that did. He isn't sure what's going on either.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#428525 03/01/07 05:11 AM
OP Offline
any idea what error 1099& 1022 mean? i couldn't find it listed in my documentation.

#428526 03/02/07 04:10 AM
If I remember correctly those errors are vb runtime script errors(visual basic programming language). You could do a web search on those error numbers as associated with visual basic and see what you get. Or call tech support and let them know what errors you are getting.

#428527 03/08/07 04:26 AM
Both of those errors mean that the web application was unable to create a certain system object. 1099 is one type of object, 1022 is another. So really there's no particular distinction between the two.

What that really means is that the web application couldn't talk to either the Collector or the Manager. There could be a few reasons for this.

One is if the apps were launched under a terminal services login. Windows does not allow web applications to interact with terminal services sessions, so you have to make sure Link and DataView are launched through a console login or made into services using something like srvany.

Another possibility is that there's a firewall or antivirus program running that has nto been told to ignore Link and DataView activity. I have definitely run into cases where Norton will cause issues, for example.

Another possibility is that there's some kind of network issue that is causing Link to reset. If Link loses switch connection and has to restart it means DataView has to re-download all the status info again. If you connect to a page during that reset you'll get a 1099 or 1022, because Collector and Manager are unavailable for function calls.

Another thing that I have seen cause it is memory problems. Not so much a lack of memory, but an actual physical problem with the RAM.

And lastly, there's registry corruption. Well, not corruption per se, but registry "interference". The objects the web interface creates are registered in the Windows Registry under the CLASSES section. If they get deleted or changed or otherwise mangled those objects can't be created. Likewise if it's a domain computer and the domain rules state that those segments of the registry are locked then you can't create those objects.

The thing to do would be to turn the debug logs all to detailed (or full in the case of the Manager) for Collector and Manager and then as soon as the problem happens copy off the log files, zip them, call tech support and then email them in.

Tech support can tell then if there's an obvious issue, or they can escalate it to me to look at it should it be warranted.

If you got 1.5 off the GSBN it's definitely the current version, there's only ever been 1 1.5 uploaded there.

Don't bother with the 2.2.0.5 Link. The only difference between 2.2.0.4 and 2.2.0.5 is a character written to the registry for the demo period. In 2.2.0.4 there was a flaw that if Link and the O/S were not on the primary bootable partition it would invalidate the license immediately. 2.2.0.5 rectifies it, but for anyone who has a license key entered there's no real reason to upgrade.

One thing of note: when running 1.5 DataView you should make sure you are running at least 2.66 software. 2.63 has some issues with dropping out events.

2.66 also has an issue where when you connect with DataView it will only send data for the first 10 members of a group, meaning if you have a group with more than 10 members they will not appear.

There's a beta software that fixes that (2.69) but you have to prove to tech support that you have a need for it, because that won't be the load that ultimately gets released, it is just to fix some very specific issues at specfic sites.

-Shawn

----------------------
Shawn Guenther
Product Engineer
Samsung Telecommunications
sguenther@sta.samsung.com
Statements by the above are personal opinions and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Samsung Telecommunications America.
#428528 03/08/07 11:55 AM
OP Offline
they have the 10 agent issues. the work around i told them (from tech support) was to kill all the agents in the ucd group then re-add them. dataview will pick them back up again.

the site is an hour away and they are living with it for now. but next time i'm in that area i'll be sure to turn them all on.

good to see someone from samsung on here!

#428529 03/14/07 11:17 AM
Yeah, you can use that workaround, the only "downside" to it (other than the time involved in removing and re-adding) is that if DataView resets or loses connection for any reason it will come back with only 10 again.

2.69 fixes enough issues to be a good incentive to go upgrade it, we just have to get it launched. Hopefully that'll happen soon...

----------------------
Shawn Guenther
Product Engineer
Samsung Telecommunications
sguenther@sta.samsung.com
Statements by the above are personal opinions and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Samsung Telecommunications America.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  nameless, pvj 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,296
Posts638,846
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,657 Shoretel
189,552 CTX100 install
187,810 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dans 5
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 191 guests, and 258 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024