Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#429006 05/10/07 04:33 AM
pmoon Offline OP
OP Offline
I am trying to get the EasySet software working.

I have the OfficeServ Link software installed. It indicates that it is connecting fine to the server. I have the EasySet software installed and configured, including IIS. The site comes up fine, but when I try to log in with an extension and password I get the following Windows Internet Explorer error:

[Login Error][NACK]Socket Connect Timeout(Error)

Any suggestions on what to look for?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#429007 05/10/07 06:56 PM
Try this, I don't know if it will work or not but it is worth a try...

https://www.a1bizcom.com/Duplicate%20Login%20Error%20on%20Easy%20Set%20issue.html

www.A1Bizcom.com
Specializing in selling and installing new and used Samsung systems
#429008 05/11/07 04:51 AM
pmoon Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks for the tip, but that didn't fix the problem. Any other suggestions?

#429009 05/11/07 12:06 PM
Okay, the Os Link is connecting ,but do you launch the OfficeServ EasySet by clicking on the desktop icon and then right click on the mouse to connect with password ?(try the default ????) .For sure NO !!!

#429010 05/13/07 06:00 PM
Your Easyset is not connected. Mathrap is right. You should have the chain link icon in the bottom right corner of the task bar.

#429011 05/13/07 08:34 PM
Is there someone that could help me with getting my OS link working. Plug my Laptop into the Lan Port and Matched my IP adrreses but it failes every time.

On the OS The IP are all set as the defualts. What should my Laptop be?

#429012 05/14/07 06:05 AM
pmoon Offline OP
OP Offline
EasySet is connected. I have run it, right clicked on it and connected it. It shows as the solid link chain icon in the taskbar. Any other suggestions?

#429013 05/14/07 12:24 PM
You’re error [Login Error][NACK]Socket Connect Timeout(Error) is always traduced very friendly ,no connection or no authorized connection between OS Link and EasySet application.
If you open the OS Link and look is the upper side do you see the EasySet user log-in ?. We’re on this forum for help ,just be more detailed on all the steps you’re doing. Keep going you’re in the right place on the net.

#429014 05/18/07 11:45 AM
Thought I'd put my 2 cents in here.

There's basically 3 errors you will ever get when trying to log in to EasySet:

[Login Error][NACK]
[Login Error][NACK]Socket Connect Timeout(Error)
[Login Error][NACK]Duplicate Login(Error)

Duplicate login is caused by a permissions error, which SooprmanX's link will alleviate. (One point of note the last 4 steps to restart the IIS are a bit excessive. You can do the same thging by simply doing Start|Run, typing iisreset and hitting OK. It will stop and start it all by itself.)

The blank error listing is pretty rare and usually revolves around either incorrect versioning between EasySet and Link, or some really wierd security issues.

The connection timeout you're getting can mean either of two things:
1) The web application can't talk to the server executable
2) The server executable can't talk to Link

If 2 is the cause then you generally can't actually connect it and will always have the broken chain icon in the taskbar.

1 is generally the case, and can happen for a variety of reasons. One is that the server executable is running under a terminal services login. Windows will not allow a terminal services instance to talk to web applications, so you have to actually log in to the console to run the app.

Also, there can be user account permissions problems that will disable the desktop app to interface to the web app.

Another interesting one we got yesterday had to do with Active Directory permissions. The domain permissions were set such that users connecting to the website locally could log in and internet machiens could log in, but other LAN machines could not.

Those types of problems require IT staff intervention, but generally it's a terminal services thing. Many IT departments require the server to be located in a seperate room and you are only given remote access. EasySet can't run this way and requires a user to log in to the console directly to launch it. The easiest way to do this is to install VNC or some similar remote console app and use that to log in remotely instead of terminal services.

And if none of that helps let me know and I'm sure we can get you fixed up.

----------------------
Shawn Guenther
Product Engineer
Samsung Telecommunications
sguenther@sta.samsung.com
Statements by the above are personal opinions and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Samsung Telecommunications America.

Moderated by  nameless, pvj 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,815
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,391 Shoretel
189,115 CTX100 install
187,419 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 7
dexman 5
jsaad 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 109 guests, and 376 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024