web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
I installed a new OS100 phone system today, misc3 card, SCMP1, 6 trunk in the first slot, MGI16 in the second slot, and SVMi-4e in the third slot. I programmed the system and everything is working fine except the CID.

When a call comes in it will show the name on top and the bottom will show the number, but it will have a "7" in front of the number. So it will show 72105555555. When you review it then it shows the same thing. It is also intermittent, it will work sometimes and sometimes it will show no CID info. We just took out their four line phones and those were working fine on the CID.

In the next three weeks or so they will be getting a T1 with a channel bank and six lines off that T1 will be connected into the system. That will be a way of determining if it is the lines or not. But I post this because I have installed many of these OS100 systems and never have had this problem with the 2.69 software. Anyone think it might be the card configuration? Maybe I need to swap the SVMi-4e and the MGI16 cards?

Thoughts?

www.A1Bizcom.com
Specializing in selling and installing new and used Samsung systems
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Check MMC 717, you have incorrect info in your country code. You probably have CID insert on which adds whatever you have in your country field of MMC 717 in front of cid. Put the proper info into 717 and you should be ok.

Now on the intermittancy that is another story. I'm sure you've heard of the whole default and reprogram, but i would actually try this one at a proper default and hammer the system with smdr on and an analog cid box between the rj and the system. See if it helps. I am a little weary that you already have incorrect info in mmc 717 and this on top. Improper info in 717 is usually corruption or not properly defaulted when installed.

OP Offline
Alright, I will check that out and then default and reprogram. It isn't too much programming, I can do it by the phone in like 20 minutes.

www.A1Bizcom.com
how is it showing name & number at same time?

OP Offline
Originally posted by Foneman69:
how is it showing name & number at same time?
Newest software (2.69) shows both name and number on the display.

www.A1Bizcom.com
I have a site running 2.69 displaying similar troubles but I also have any number from inside my local CO always display’s what ever the CID was from last call outside the local CO (same time displaying correctly on 2 dollar CID box). I’ve swapped all cabinet and card's cleared the memory and started for scratch still no change. Dropped software to V2.66 now works fine. This was an unknown CO in a rural area. I believe it is a compatibility trouble with 2.69 software and certain CO switches and CID coding. We’ve had troubles like this in the past with the first release of R2 616’s .

OP Offline
Mine is doing one of those exact same thing...Sometimes when people call from a different area code it displays the CID information from the last caller, not the one that is ringing. I would hate to have to go back to the earlier revision to fix the problem since two line CID is so cool.

www.A1Bizcom.com
Sounds like there may be some relevance there. I would contact tech support with the scenario. They cant fix anything they cant reproduce. If there is a real issue with certain CO's they can fix it if they see it.

OP Offline
I talked to tech support and they are going to do their best to reproduce the situation with the scenario that I have here and everything. We will see...

But as for the customer, I replaced the SMCP1 card and reprogrammed the system and everything seems to be working fine right now.

www.A1Bizcom.com

Moderated by  nameless, pvj 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,300
Posts638,879
Members49,770
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,771 Shoretel
189,847 CTX100 install
187,972 1a2 system
Newest Members
Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D.
49,769 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 22
teleco 9
dans 7
dexman 6
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 175 guests, and 225 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024