Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#429563 07/22/07 11:56 AM
OP Offline
Ok, Its been busy lately, but I have looked over the unit. It has just 2 eproms. There are 4 slots but just the left 2 slots have eproms. The top eprom reads

DCS Compact (STA)
Main U3 50BF
V 2.4 000306

Second (lower) eprom reads
DCS Compact (STA)
Main U4 7E9A
V 2.4 000306

Since there are 2 eproms, I am going to assume its the caller ID software. So, I have checked with a few online people, and the RAM 2 pack is hard to come by. I noticed this website has them listed so I may try to get it here.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#429564 07/22/07 01:18 PM
pvj Offline
Moderator-Executone-Isoetec, Samsung
Moderator-Executone-Isoetec, Samsung
Since its 2 eproms it is the basic software NOT the call display software.You will need a Misc 2 new software and a Ram 2 card to get call display.

#429565 07/22/07 01:27 PM
Those are not CID chips.
"DCS Compact (CID)" will be displayed on the chip. It requires 4 chips, not 2.
I have V2.6 and V2.8 in stock along with RAM 2 and Misc 2 cards. PM or e-mail me for pricing if you are interested.

The space above the backplane is for an expansion backplane.
You can then add VM, 2co x 4dli/2co x 4sli cards. I have all of that in stock also.

Samsung Dealer
www.firstcoastbiz.com
#429566 07/22/07 04:25 PM
Handymandan
The system you have is very different from the one you described in your first post. I hope this shows you the importance of having a dealer. smile

#429567 07/23/07 04:46 AM
OP Offline
If you want to have the dealer discussion, I can explain how I feel about the people I have dealt with. I know very little about business phone system, but I am as good as anyone at monkey see-monkey do. I am glad I found this website, otherwise, I wouldn't know a thing. I wish there was a dealer locally I felt was able to effectively and cost efficiently work on my phone system. Since we put this system in a few years ago, its been nothing but a constant source of issues and problems. It still to this day doesn't function as well as the 20+ year old system it replaced. It just looks cleaner and more modern. We've had the only other dealer in town out after a storm several months back and they hooked a something up backward (Sorry, I don't know what it was) and they had to replace 3 or 4 additional components which they admitted was their fault but they billed us anyway. I am sure there are some good dealers out there, I am just not too impressed on what I have seen locally. My plan was to ditch the whole system for something that is serviced locally, has caller id, and is not made by Samsung (Toshiba seams to be predominate in this area). However, my partner of more years experience thinks we would be better off if we can get what we want out of the system we already have. I do appolligize for not knowing which system I have in the first post. Our 100+ year old building had the phone system installed in a place that isn't exactly easy to access. I was going off memory at the time but I have everything written down now. I just appreciate you guys that are willing to help.

Moving on with some forward progress instead of making someone mad. I will post this in a separate posting, but its this system doing it. Something that bugs me alot. This only happens sometimes. I will do it several times during the day, but seam to be more frequent in the evenings. Our phone system rings and when you pick up the hand set. It displays hang up. Then a couple seconds later it begins to ring again. Usually, it will connect on the second attempt however sometimes this happens 5 or 6 times. When you finally talk to the person on the other end, they say the phone had been ringing for a while, continuously. There are a lot of factors at play here. 1. Started this a while after we switched to VOIP, but not right away. 2. Alarm system that was replaced/upgraded about the same time as going VOIP 3. Unplugging the alarm from the hard phone line doesn't help. 4. We have had the phone company out, the alarm company, and the old phone dealer out multiple time and everyone blames someone else's equipment. I don't care who's at fault, I just want to fix it. Any suggestions?

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  nameless, pvj 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,815
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,397 Shoretel
189,124 CTX100 install
187,421 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (nortelvoip, justbill), 163 guests, and 448 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024