web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
Hi can anyone help please,I have a stn group with 2 extns overflowed to an AA grp which is set no action destination to an analogue extn which in turn foward external all,incoming calls are routed to the desisnated number but only rings once or twice and then disconnects however if the call is answered immediately the cal does not drop and works OK.Forward external works OK directly to any extension,the problem only happens via the AA.Can anyone help.appleton151

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Longest sentence ever. That and it hurts my brain to make sense of what you're trying to say. Please rephrase it better and we can help you out. wink

www.A1Bizcom.com
Specializing in selling and installing new and used Samsung systems
I agree with SooprmanX, I read it 3 times :toast:

Samsung, Ericsson, NEC, Nortel Certified Installer
Ok, I've read it again and what I think you are saying is this:

You have a station group with 2 members in it, this group overflows after x amount of time to an AA group because you want to deliver a message to the caller, after the message and when the no action timer has expired the call gets transferred to an analogue extn which has a call forward external set on it. When incoming calls reach the analogue extn and are externally transferred to the outside number, it rings once or twice and drops the call, but if the call is answered before a drop occurs all is well. The problem only happens when going via AA, if a call is manually transferred to the analogue extn, it works ok.

Answer: What I have done in these situations is to add a couple of comma's after the external number in the forward, eg x-xxxxxxx,, worth a try

Originally posted by Samsung Tech NZ:
I agree with SooprmanX, I read it 3 times :toast:
:rofl:

www.A1Bizcom.com
OP Offline
I have a Station Group set up with 2 extensions; if incoming calls to the Group are not answered by one of the 2 operatives the calls needs to be transferred to an external answering service. To try and achieve this I have overflowed the Station Group to an AA group with a curtsey message ‘your call is being transferred’ Then I have set the No Action Destination for the AA group to be an analogue extension, this analogue extension is set to forward all external. The external number is set as 9-xxxxxxxxxxx.The incoming calls progressed through the system and to the external destination but only rings the external number once or twice then the call is dropped if however the call at the destination is answered as it rings the call proceeds OK. Likewise if an incoming call is directed to an extension which is forwarded all external it works OK.
Can anyone help please or any suggestions welcome
I hope this explains it clearer what is happening on the system sorry for the confusion. I have tried it with two ,, in the external number dial string but it has not made any difference
smile

Wow... it looks like you tried to make this task as hard as possible. If I understand correct, you want an unanswered call from a "Group" to go to an answering service. If that is what you are trying to accomplish, there are a number of ways to accomplish this. Unfortunately this is posted in the public portion, so we cannot go into detail. My suggestion would be to send it to voicemail and then use a dial block to dial the answering service.

Again… we cannot go into detail, but if you want to contact me via a PM or at my office… I can help you more.

NOTE: I just re-read your second post. If you want to keep it the way you have it set, the problem is most likely a timer.

The problem is probably supervision. I don't know though, I have never messed with the AA card.

www.A1Bizcom.com
Sorry to hear that the comma's did not work. As CIT has suggested, IF you have a SVMi installed you could use that, the dial block as CIT has said would work but you did say this is an iDCS 500 and not an OfficeServ 500?, why I ask is because the dial block was not available in the earlier SVMi's that were in the iDCS, but all this can be ignored if you do not have an SVMi installed.

To try and prove whether it is the AA causing the problem or not, overflow your group straight to the analogue extn and see if it works.

Thanks for your e-mails, and let me know how you get on

OP Offline
Thanks for sticking with it mate,there is no Voice Mail on the system.On the Samsung I don't think you can overflow from a group to an extension,never the less I have tried it just incase and it doesn't work.Its interesting CIT mentioned it could be a timer,I have looked at most of them but there must be one hidden away somewhere.Thanks again.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  nameless, pvj 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,815
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,423 Shoretel
189,186 CTX100 install
187,437 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (justbill), 128 guests, and 432 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024