Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
NormH3 Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi Folks,
Hope everyone had a great holiday season and will prosper in the new year.
My boss would like me to implement an announcement on hold solution that will use our Director of Nursing son's voice during any hold times for incoming calls. An MP3 format will be used, but Im not sure what equipment to use. Each time someone is put on hold, I want them to hear the announcement from the beginning and not just run a loop where they may pick it up part way through. Is something like this doable and if so, what would be some recommended equipment to interface with our FXII. Thanks in advance.

Comdial FXII/96 Vers 17E
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Allworx, Nisuko-Tie, Vodavi
Moderator-Allworx, Nisuko-Tie, Vodavi
Sounds as if you want an announcement device (RAD)---perhaps in an ACD function. All of the MOH devices that I've seen are in a "loop". Someone with FXII experience will jump in here soon, I would think.

NormH3 Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks for the reply.

Comdial FXII/96 Vers 17E
NormH3 Offline OP
OP Offline
Anyone? Anyone?

Comdial FXII/96 Vers 17E
Admin
Admin
I'm not familiar with Key Voice current stuff, but the unit used to have information boxes that would play a message and operate according to your instructions. If you create an extension for "announce and hold", you could send the caller to that box, and then it would perform a flash and hold sequence. The transferred call would hear the entire greeting from the beginning. A 2 or 3 line hunt group would let more than one caller hear the message at the same time.

Any call sequencer (check out Viking Electronics) would also do the same thing.

Carl

NormH3 Offline OP
OP Offline
Not sure how that would work here. We endeavor to answer all incoming calls. Most are then parked and a page is made over the system for the recipient. we are a healthcare facility and our employees are not usually in their offices at any given time. After 5, the system goes on a nighttime schedule and the nursing staff is required to answer incoming calls. The voicemail system is a Vertcal product that is loaded on a PC along with VMMI.

Comdial FXII/96 Vers 17E

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,306
Posts638,894
Members49,771
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,907 Shoretel
190,056 CTX100 install
188,227 1a2 system
Newest Members
Mansour, Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks
49,770 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 17
teleco 6
dexman 6
jsaad 5
dans 5
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 112 guests, and 35 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024