Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#432947 10/21/08 05:07 AM
Hi-C Offline OP
OP Offline
Anyone out there have any experience with the MultiTech Fax Finder?

I have a customer that may be interested in one which will be integrating to an OS 500 w/ PRI and DIDs. I've done the whole fax server integrations before without much trouble.

Just wondering if the Fax Finder is solid or if there's anything to look out for before I quote the labor.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#432948 10/21/08 12:27 PM
I've done only one and it didnt give me much trouble at all but Multitech did tell us we had to do a firmware update on the model we did. If you want the notes I might have PM me.

Bobby Mreen
Communications Technician
#432949 10/30/08 01:43 PM
the unit is a small, about 5x4 inch little box, with 2 phone
I have a 2 port, ff220 installed in one site..

the unit is a small, about 5x4 inch little box, with 2 phone jacks, a console jack, and a network jack.

it takes less than 30 minutes to set it up, including the instructions you can download from the multi-tech website, on the configuration for a samsung iDCS system.

The longest process, is entering each person's Name, Password, DID Phone Number, and e-mail address to fax to.

This I hand off to the customer, after I show the receptionist, or office manager how to set it up.

Once it is all done.. I have them click the ADMINISTRATION tab, and click RESET.

Once reset.. it is good to go... pretty simple and sweet... kinda....

We did all the settings MultiTech recommended.. but it fails at over 50% of the faxes that come in.

some days.. 100% failure.

We have 300 users on the ff220, but it just fails too much, not because it is busy.. just because it can't handle the calls, it errors out all the time.. the modems go into, "BUSY" mode, even when they are not busy, and you have to reset them all the time.

We have had 2 replacements..

And Multi-Tech and I, have given up hope for it working with our iDCS500 system, fully.

Instead, I ordered a Dialogic Fax Board off of ebay, 4 port, setup the DTMF digits on it, and we use Active-Fax for the processing of faxes for the 300 empoloyees at that site.

We haven't had a problem yet..

But the Active-Fax is pricey.

Good luck with your Faxfinder... based on our ordeal, over the past 4 months.. In my opinion, I would say.. no.

Sally

Moderated by  nameless, pvj 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,297
Posts638,867
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,673 Shoretel
189,639 CTX100 install
187,867 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dans 6
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 139 guests, and 274 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024