web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
Hello,

I have a client with a 7100. He wants a couple of idle stations to pick-up on 704 instead of intercom. 704 is also by itself in trunk group 800. How would you set that up?

Thanks for any assistance.

Scott
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

For what your saying couple of ways i can see offhook
put in 704 or give line key 704 on extns or if you want those extns to only pick up line 704 you can do that in programing

Originally posted by cat5installer:
Hello,

I have a client with a 7100. He wants a couple of idle stations to pick-up on 704 instead of intercom. 704 is also by itself in trunk group 800. How would you set that up?

Thanks for any assistance.
Correct me if I am wrong, but after re-reading your post several times... I think you are saying the customer gets intercom dial tone when they pick up certain extensions and they would like to get trunk 704 when they pick up the extension. Am I correct?

If this is correct, are they wanting to be able to answer trunk 704 without having to push the line appearance key? If this is what you are wanting to happen... just place trunk 704 in a station group and add the extensions as members. Any calls received on trunk 704 will ring those extensions and when the extension is picked up the trunk will be connected to the extension.

Or... are you talking about outbound calls. If you are talking about outbound calls, just create a hot-line for those extensions. When those extensions go off-hook they will be connected to trunk 704.

OP Offline
Thanks for the reply guys!

I probably should have been clearer in what I am wanting to do. This site has two extensions in a shop area that only have a line appearance for 704.

When they pick up the handset to make a call it currently gives them intercom dial tone. They want to pick up the handset to make an outgoing call and have 704 dial tone.

Thanks for the tip CIT. Using the installation tool I did try entering 704 and 800 in the T/S column and neither one worked. I didn't think to test if I could get a regular hot line program to work (trunk+outgoing digits) Didn't really have time... I was already on my way out the door when they asked for this change.

I probably should have lowered the off hook delay timer too, but for testing I'm sure I was waiting long enough.

Now I am seeing I need to have Access Dial "ON". I am pretty sure I have it on because I know I can access group 9. Which is too bad because I actually wanted to deny access to trunk group 9. For all I know there could be another way to do that. But if I can get the hot line to work they probably wont be trying to dial 9 anyway.

Can anyone see what I'm doing wrong?

Scott
pvj Offline
Moderator-Executone-Isoetec, Samsung
Moderator-Executone-Isoetec, Samsung
You can set off hook sel to 704 or the trunk group 800.It is affected by the off hook select timer in system timers.Set the timer to 1 second and they will pretty well get the 704 trunk as they pick up the handset.They can still make an intercom call if they dial before picking up the handset.
You can essentially deny access to trunk group 9 if you set the stations trunk useage.If line 704 is also in trunk group 9 then just allow them access to it.

OP Offline
Thanks Guys it's working great!

Lowering the Off hook select timer did the trick. I set it to 0 since it would let me. I never did get it to work with the default delay. I set it to pick up on trunk group 800.

Thanks for the tip on stations trunk useage. I wont set it for these extensions but I do want to play around with it sometime.

Scott

Moderated by  nameless, pvj 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,305
Posts638,893
Members49,771
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,903 Shoretel
189,990 CTX100 install
188,109 1a2 system
Newest Members
Mansour, Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks
49,770 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 17
teleco 6
dexman 6
jsaad 5
dans 5
Who's Online Now
2 members (R4+Z, phonman123), 66 guests, and 38 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024