web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
We had a power outage for several days and when it came back on our DCS Compact had lost all its programming. I was /almost/ able to fix everything just by reading previous posts here, but I haven't been able to get our CID and voice mail working. We have the SVMI-4 voicemail system and I believe the DCS Compact software version is 1.7

We've always had it set up so anyone can pick up the phone at any station so I added all the workstations to the 500 Group and set up the trunks as DT buttons. I have the trunks active on the 500 group. The voicemail seemed to be completely lost until I pressed the reset button on the SVMI card and all the stations recovered their voicemail with their messages still saved. Voicemail to individual stations works on inter-office calls. But when I setup the 500 group to forward to 529 after 5 seconds, it goes to the 'general office voicemail' and plays the recording, but after the beep, it says 'transferring to 500', and gets stuck in a loop from there. I know you'll all probably need more details on what other settings I've gotten setup. I know I have the voicemail ports set up as VMAA on MMC XXX and I tried making a 505 VMAA group with 209-212 for 500 to forward to instead of forwarding to 529, but it does the same thing. I don't have the capability to hook it up to a serial port today, but I may be able to try that tomorrow if I absolutely have to.

Secondly, we used to get Caller ID on all stations. I have MCC XXX set to Allow CLIP and all the workstations set up to show Name first, but when we get a call it shows 'CALL FOR 500' and no CID information.

We're on the verge of getting someone in here to set it back up but I'd like to at least try to fix it on our own since we're not going to be open much longer and may simply patch in an answering machine at night. Also, is there any battery inside that needs to be changed so it doesn't lose its settings next time? It was on a battery backup but we were closed over the weekend and we don't know exactly how long the power was out (over a day). It was a lightning strike so it may have been a power surge that knocked out all the settings.

Thanks for any help you all can give us - this is quite a useful resource here.

EDIT: Edited to remove specific MMC.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Welcome to the Sundance Communications forum and congratulations on what you have accomplished so far. :thumb:

To get Caller ID to extensions, you also need to ASSIGN CALLER ID/ANI Trunks in programming.

As far as your problems with voicemail, you will need to connect to the voicemail via a serial cable. My suggestion would be to contact your dealer and ask them to finish what you have started.

OP Offline
One of our problems is that we can't seem to get ahold of the company who set it up. Which MMC is for the CID assignment? I think it's because our system has old software (it's the one in the plastic box), a lot of the MMCs don't have the same number as the programming manual lists, have different configuration options, or don't even exist. Thanks!

PM sent.

OP Offline
Thanks for all the help, we're at about 90% back to normal, which is enough for me. I'm sure I'll find minor oddities happening for awhile. If anyone out there has any idea how to program a button on a station to go direct to the 500 group mailbox, please let me know.

Hopefully the power will stay on for awhile. Battery backup doesn't help when it's out all weekend.

Moderated by  nameless, pvj 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,294
Posts638,834
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,607 Shoretel
189,487 CTX100 install
187,686 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dexman 5
dans 5
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 115 guests, and 337 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024