web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
nosheds Offline OP
OP Offline
I recently had to temporarily replace a faulty SVMi8 (Mk2 with LAN port) with a Mk1 (Serial port only) on an OfficeServ 500. The customer needs calls which reach mailbox 201 to forward externally to an out of hours engineer.
External call forward on the Mk2 is no problem, just create a new DAL block. However, on the Mk1 the DAL block does not seem to exist, I therefore did the following:

1) Using virtual extension 3501
Extension block (3501): Alternate=07890123456 (mobile number for out of hours engineer). Supervision level=None. Station=Off Premise. Alternate Location Allowed=Y

2) Mailbox block (201): Greeting in this mailbox says "Please hold while we transfer your call"
Announce Only Mailbox=Y. Nomsg-Left=GoTo Extn 3501.

3) In Station Block / Off Premise eleven quotation marks in top left hand box (Set Matching Digit Strings)

The problem I have is that, although it works, it is a supervised transfer. This means that when the out of hours engineer answers the call he is prompted to "Press One To Accept The Call", which the customer does not want
Does anyone know how I can make it just a blind transfer?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Couldn't you just set message notification to pager or remote number to let the onsite tech know there is a vmail waiting? It would seem to be a much easier way to go im sure.

You can do this from mailbox 201's menu. You just need to make sure you SET the notification type after you set the number to send it to.

Maybe this is not what the customer wants...

Moderated by  nameless, pvj 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,298
Posts638,868
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,693 Shoretel
189,711 CTX100 install
187,894 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dans 6
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (KRRath), 135 guests, and 298 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024