web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
hi, i am a pbx installer but new to samsung pbx installations.A friend of mine has a dcs 816 and he ask me to help him with the installation of it.i think that is a good oportunity for me to get involved , learning samsung units.
i have allready done all the extension and CO connections (found notes from installation manual and lot of reading this forum)
but i really dont have programming manual step to step instructions.local dealers are very busy and they dont seems to cooparate with other technians.
so i decide to write some words here hopefully get help from any of you.

best regards.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Unfortunately in this forum you will find the same issues. This forum is for end users but if you want installer level access by all means request it in the general forum.

We can not teach you a step by step as it is very time consuming. Most here are busy folks with very little spare time. But you are more than welcome to ask a question and get an answer.

As for a step by step. Each and every dealer makes their own step by step, they do this after years of working with the systems. The manuals are not layed out that way because system programming needs vary from system to system. So I am sure over time you will have set up your own notes for a clear step by step on your Friends system.

For something as basic as your Friends system. I follow this order.

Date and Time
Names for stations
Names for groups
Ringing for groups
Ringing for stations
Voice mail config
Forwarding needs
Test

OP Offline
For something as basic as your Friends system. I follow this order.

Date and Time
Names for stations
Names for groups
Ringing for groups
Ringing for stations
Voice mail config
Forwarding needs
Test

YES OK WITH THAT BUT I DONT HAVE THE MMC(XXX) NUMBERS TO CONFIGURE ALL THAT YOU WRITE.

THANX FOR REPLY

Why are you yelling?

The mmc's are installer level and you will need either a manual or access to programming so you can scroll through and read the mmc's on a display. With the exception of the names and the date and time the rest is above user guide or admin guide. I will pm you more information shortly

OP Offline
Sorry about the caps ( it is really like screamning xexex!!) I will start programmning it .I have also one more question, when i dial 9
i get teh message "all trunks out of service". I have try to connect the isdn to others ports and i have again the same problem.Is that because i need to configure mmc xxx or i have to see more things?

thank you for helping me.

Exactly, you need to program the "trunk group" before they will work. :thumb:

Moderated by  nameless, pvj 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,293
Posts638,827
Members49,768
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,567 Shoretel
189,438 CTX100 install
187,601 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 28
teleco 8
dexman 6
jsaad 5
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 137 guests, and 247 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024