web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
jjmaly Offline OP
OP Offline
Does any one know how to make 911 notification work on Samsung 7400? Is there a 3rd party server that can make this work? I need to know as soon as someone dials 911 to have few people notified. SMDR info can be used to do this, but that is only after the call is hung up on and only then the info is sent out to call accounting or some other device, but I need to have this working as soon as the 911 digits are pressed. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Second, can you restrict internal EXT from dialing another EXT on intercom? Thanks.

Executone super tech.
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

How about the easy one 1st ... restricting ext extension dialing can be done by placing extesnsion in separate use groups and then go to station to station selection and restrict them. (If you are using Installation tool they can be found under header Features --- Call Rstrictions)

Regarding the 911 notification there are many software companies out there that can help you with that some more complicated then others. Heck your call accounting program may be able to accomplish this for you as well. I use Metropolis an it can be set up to email and page any given person upon 911 being dialed.

jjmaly Offline OP
OP Offline
great info,
the Metropolis software will only show the info after the call is made or during?
this is important because if someone dials 911 and does not hang up the phone you will never know about it. Let me know what you think. thanks.

Executone super tech.
Woah wait just a second here. Are we talking about restricting 911 calls?? Just so you know that is not advisable! And probably against the law. There is a reason even no number cell phones can call 911. Its is a life safety issue and your company does not want to handle the lawsuits that follow if a person can not make the call.

No I don't think that is what JJmaly is saying. He wants some sort of immediate notification of when a 911 call is dialed, the restrictions for intercom is a separate issue.

The only system I have seen that does instant notification when 911 is dialed is the Inter-tel Axxess (on all admin displays).

JJmaly - that may be a difficult thing to accomplish with the Samsung. That would definitely be a good feature for a wish list.

I don't see how a call accounting package of any sort could help. It would only know about the call after the call was hung up.

Yes you can restrict the EXT by putting them in their own group. Tenanting the system then denying the dial.

As for the 911 issue I think Noisy is correct. The Samsung does not play nice in that exact area. But you could Rube Goldberg it if you were creative (not that I am).

Moderated by  nameless, pvj 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,693
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,096 Shoretel
187,702 CTX100 install
186,790 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
pvj 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 117 guests, and 228 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024