web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
Have a 7030 that I have set up to ring a series of pagers/cell phones after hours. The way I want it to work is that a call comes in, they press "1" for help, this goes to a mailbox and the message notifies them via pager or cell phone that they have a message. All of this works.

The problem comes in afterward. After 5 minutes or so, the mailbox autoforwards to a second box, which has a different cellphone/pager on it, usually the on-call backup guy. when it comes in it is supposed to alert the backup guy that there is a message, beacuse the first guy didnt catch it. What it does is nothing. I know this by telnetting in and watching the voicemail.

Now if I dial in from the outside and leave a message DIRECTLY to that second box it does notify correctly, but not when it is forwarded from the first box. I see nothing that would make a forwarded message different from a message coming in from a trunk.

Honestly, I am close to the breaking point with Samsung, nothing past basic phone service/voicemail works 100%, and these are simple things that other systems 10+ years old can handle with ease. Sorry for the venting.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Don't know if you tried this yet but try changing the supervision level to NONE on the second mailbox

Don't know if you tried this yet but try changing the supervision level to NONE on the second mailbox

OP Offline
There is no extension attached to these boxes, so there is no supervision to take on or off.
I can dial each box from the outside, but once the message gets transferred from the first box to the next is when it does not work.

How do you have the first mbx set up for auto forward??

Sounds like you have 7030 with 4.53c software. It is a known issue that cascading mailboxes do not notify after the original mailbox makes the first attempt. It just bounces the message from mbx to mbx with OUT attempting to notify. You need to request 4.53i from your dealer.

Bobby Mreen
Communications Technician
Sounds like you have 7030 with 4.53c software. It is a known issue that cascading mailboxes do not notify after the original mailbox makes the first attempt. It just bounces the message from mbx to mbx with OUT attempting to notify. You need to request 4.53i from your dealer.

Bobby Mreen
Communications Technician
OP Offline
This is a 7030 with 4.53c software, and this may be exactly what Samsung is going to tell me tomorrow. Thnaks for the help, I did not see this on the GBSN...Samsung is trying my nerves!

Moderated by  nameless, pvj 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,693
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,096 Shoretel
187,702 CTX100 install
186,791 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 97 guests, and 235 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024