web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
tdw42 Offline OP
OP Offline
Recently set up an OS7030 with an analog trunk module in a SOHO environment, customer complained of occasional phantom single rings in the evening/night.

They happened to be sat next to a phone when this happened yesterday - the call appears to originate from an analog trunk.

I suspect that the automated line tests by the provider (BT) are incorrectly being detected as a ring.

I'm thinking of adjusting RING DET TM in TRUNK-WIDE TIMERS but have concerns that this may break caller ID detection which is preceeded by a line reversal rather than ring burst in the UK (BT have to be different to the rest of the world).

Have any UK installers come across this and got any suggestions ?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Only thing i can think of is the line good by that mean do you get noise on the line
i would try reversing the line pair in case theres a earth problem

I've seen this before on other PBX's.

Follow Gerrya's advice re the line. Also check with the line provider to see if anything else is enabled on the line - e.g braodband, Redcare, etc.

Also ,see if the line is provided via DACS - they can cause major issues with trunks on PBX kit.

tdw42 Offline OP
OP Offline
I don't recall any noise on the line - I'll check that and try swapping the polarity next time I'm on site.

The line does have broadband (so no DACS), I used a replacement NTE5 faceplate with ADSL filter so the onward feed to the PBX is from the punchdown block on that.

No other phones, etc. connected to the incoming line, they have been moved to the SLT1 extension (with PFT connected and hot-dial 701 so it behaves the same with the power on or off).

Are you using AA if so you will have to get the clear disconnect timers changed to 800ms I get this problem every time I use AA with analogue lines .

After reading your post again I sure this is not your problem wired it That it only happens at night .

tdw42 Offline OP
OP Offline
Not using AA or VM at the moment, so unlikely to be related to that. FWIW rather than trying to get BT to change anything (and usually get something wrong) I adjust CO SUPV TM in TRUNK-WIDE TIMERS to 90mSec which is the minimum break specified in SIN351 section 7.2.

It might be happening during the day, but the audible alert from the keysets is really short and could be missed if there is background noise.

Moderated by  nameless, pvj 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,290
Posts638,803
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,374 Shoretel
189,059 CTX100 install
187,410 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 22
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
2 members (Toner, KRRath), 121 guests, and 422 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024