Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
aero Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi Guys

SIP extensions members of an unconditional ring group.

We have had a couple of customers with Polycom IP DECT systems. The main base uses SIP extension on the Samsung to place calls.

SIP extensions can only be members of a sequential or distribute group. The work around is overflow the group after 1 sec to another group with one SIP extension in and so on until all SIP/IP DECT extensions ring.

Samsung do not recommend this as a solution and will not change the software to allow SIP extensions in an unconditional ring group.

Has anyone used this and experienced any problems?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Samsung
Moderator-Samsung
Samsung don't support SIP extensions in unconditional ring groups.

The simple work around is to pair the sip extension with a virtual SLT and then put the SLT into the ring group.

I have done this on a OS7100 with Polycom KWS300 IP Dect system.

I wish they would change this.

I thought I read somewhere that they were going to change this in 4.6 software but the trial versions don't have this

Aero. It's a pain mate but Samsung aren't the only PBX vendor with same limitation.

Yes the plan is to support this fro v4.60 but await full release to be sure.

There is also another major issue with the kirk dect when trying to get round this with station pair. I've seen this lock up the sip extensions on the system. You'll also get loads of missed calls on the extension in the group that don't answer!

Polycom dect users will also get phantom calls. I believe as the kirk base station receives sip signalling to present a call, the dect side of the base station tells the handsets to ring. Problem is this isn't a continuous signal. The signal to the handsets is to ring for x number of rings. So if a dect user takes a call, other users phones will ring for a couple of ring cycles and the user could answer the call with no caller there! I believe this is what makes the sip extn then busy.

I'd suggest waiting until v4.6 is out before making changes!

Moderated by  nameless, pvj 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,297
Posts638,864
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,671 Shoretel
189,611 CTX100 install
187,860 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dans 5
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 115 guests, and 252 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024