A couple of weeks ago one of our customers that has SIP trunks on their OS 7100 started having issues. It all started when there was a really bug surge that knocked out their 24 port switch and a lot of settings on their server and local network were changed by their computer guys.

Their computer guys replaced the switch and I fixed some of the settings on the network that were causing an issue. However, issues still remained where they would put a call on hold then try to pick it up, they would have one way audio.

We traced the problem down to the Fortinet router, or so we thought, so we replaced it with a Sonicwall TZ210. We have had success with this router so that's why we decided to use it.

All the problems went away for a day with the Sonicwall but started popping up again today. We upgraded them to the latest version of software, 4.60 and that didn't solve the issues they are having.

They are no longer having the on hold issue but now what happens is that sometimes a legitimate incoming call will come in and when they pick it up, the call gets disconnected before anyone can talk. The caller will call back between 4-10 times and it keeps happening whether it's on the 1st ring or 4th ring that the call is picked up.

It's very sporadic but happens at least 10 times throughout the day. I have seen it happen but am unable to reproduce the problem. We have Broadvox looking into the issue right now and I'm waiting to see what they tell me.

I was pinging the gateway from our office and sometimes saw longer than usual latency and even a few requests timed out that makes me think maybe they are having an issue with their modem.

At this point I'm clueless at to what it could be. Anyone have any input or ideas?

www.A1Bizcom.com
Specializing in selling and installing new and used Samsung systems