web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Yea those fiberglass slivers really can ruin your day.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Avaya
Moderator-Avaya
Originally posted by VA Tele-Tek:
Yea those fiberglass slivers really can ruin your day.
I know what your saying pal,...........been there and done that.

Avaya SMB Authorized Business Partner. ACIS/APSS
ESI Certified Reseller/Installer
www.regal-comm.com
i have used a gopher pole for a long time (until my help lost it somewhere). sure it only gets you 22' or so (as per the manual), but if the celing is open you can chunk it farther. we're not REQUIRED to tie up cables unless the customer wants it to be that way.

i've also used the creepzit things. after a while the fiberglass in the fingers gets old.

the company i used to work for likes the Aluminum poles you screw together. you can put a bunch of them together to get 50'. but turns your hands black and if you touch the tiles they get black as well.

i was wondering about the little greenlee thingy if it worked or not. thanks!

I agree with all of the above - I have two cablecasters and I think I used them once, got all tangled rewinding, and that was it for me.

I have never used it either, but I think it would be a waste of money. We use the fiberglass sticks for walls and certain ceilings. For the most part we use gopherpoles to run wire.

If you are in a wharehouse type area, you can put a roll of tape with a string around at the far end and tap the truss untill it falls over the truss. Repeat as needed until you get the wires where you need. It saves from carrying the extenstion ladder at times.

WWW.EmeryCommunications.com
Authorized SMB Avaya Business Partner
OP Offline
Thanks for all the input people!

I don't have fibreglass poles, but I do have a gold ball retreiver with a hook taped to the end that I find useful - and much cheaper.

I was thinking of trying to fashion some old tent poled together to mimic the fishtix type tool. Wonder how well that would work?

As far as the golfball tool - I do also use a golfball with a hold drilled through it and a string attached. I find it is a lifesaver when needed to fish cold air returns. Just never can seem to get my fish through it (I have metal and a flimsy fibreglass one).

If anyone plans on putting their cable caster on ebay, let me know - I think I could make some use of it. Albeit not a daily sort of tool, but when I could use it I think it would save me alot of time. The $50 - 60 for a tool I use very infrequently feels kinda steep.

I use a 10ft length of 1/2" CPVC pipe. I started using it a long time ago since they are readily available & cheap. If it gets lost or left behind so be it, get another one. Funny thing tho, been using it since 99. I only loose valuable stuff like that $80 dollar unibit. Never mind...

John

HJB Offline
Devices like this are a bad idea because you loose a large degree of control over your cable path.

There are things in the ceiling that should be avoided. Seismic stringers, fire dampers, etc. You have much more control over your pathway if you use the rods, as mentioned elsewhere in this thread.

Hans Broesicke, RCDD
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi
A Gopher Pole is definately worth the investment. If you're cheap, go to duct work section at Home Depot. They have fiber glass rods that screw together and are used to clean chimneys. Tape a piece of ground wire on the end and you're set.

Larry, are you saying I'm cheap? :rofl:

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Silversam 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,294
Posts638,834
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,625 Shoretel
189,515 CTX100 install
187,772 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 24
teleco 9
dans 5
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 141 guests, and 320 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024