web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
My two cents: If you cannot find certified dealers near both locations that can easily and quickly service both locations, look at another product.
I would personally lean toward the Intertel and Norstar BCM solutions, but only because those are the ones that I am familiar with.
Intertel is admittedly quite pricey for the size of your application.
Find a good vendor. Find a good vendor. Find a good vendor.
I could go on with that for about 500 pages.
Any one of the systems that you are looking at (except Avaya IP office, and please drop the Cisco from the list) should work well for you as long as they are properly installed and supported. If you like Avaya, take a look at the other products that they offer instead of the IP office.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Why don't you look at the Samsung iDCS 500 with networking.
Email me if you are interested in this product.
Larry

ronorr Offline OP
OP Offline
have you guys heard of Iwatsu? If so what are your thoughts and opions?

Thanks

Admin
Admin
I have been involved with Iwatsu since 1983. Solid product but has its limitations. I am not a current distributor but did like the product and support while I worked for a different company. Name recognition and a small dealer network are some negatives. I still service some Omega systems installed in the late 80's.

[Linked Image]
you might want to check into the Vodavi XTS series very sweet system very user friendly and seemless IP networking functionality.

I am very curious to know what problems you guys have with Cisco. Years ago, I worked with the Cisco VOIP development team on their early Call Manager for large business solutions.

Although they were really inexperienced on the voice side, they seemed to be light years ahead of everyone else on the data side, as they make most user's data networks. They have the data hardware and the talent to support it.

Feel free to send me an email re Cisco VOIP, if the response is in the realm of a putdown.

Admin
Admin
Problems with the Call Mangler? Really? I have yet to talk to one customer whom after implementing Cisco was thrilled with the outcome. One recent installation of 120 phones said that Support sucked, voice quality issues, slow response to change needs,etc. One guy I know was an AVVID dealer and quit because he had to constantly reset his office system daily. Most VAR's tell me they make 1% on the hardware and try to make it up on labor and service. No thanks.

[Linked Image]
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ronorr:
we need a comprehensive contact center solution...Price is important but not the driving factor...Quality, reliability, functionality, and ease of management are most important..</font>

With the applications you're referring to you may also want to broaden your search to include software-based PBXs like Artisoft TeleVantage & Interactive Intelligence Customer Interaction Center.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ronorr: Does any one have any suggestions on a good vendor to work with in the Atlanta area and what products they sell?</font>

I can refer you to Atlanta-based dealers of Intertel, Mitel, Sprint, Cisco, Telrad and the others I've mentioned. Feel free to give me a buzz (770) 455-0098 x100 or an email anytime ([email protected]).

------------------
Stephen Joyce, Terminal Solutions, Inc.
www.tsinc.com sjoyce@tsinc.com

the iwatsu adix with campus networking would definately work

this is actually 2 separate systems operating as one connected by a T1, which also gives you redundancy on the remote switch, so if the T1 goes down for any reason, the remote system can still operate on it's own. then when the T comes back up, it automatically detects it and reverts back to the networking

have fun
rich

"It's like the man said...never take life too seriously, you'll never get out of it alive" Bugs Bunny
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ronorr:
I am new to the phone system world. The phone systems at work have been added to my plate of thing to do. I have been asked to look at replace our current system. Let me give you guys dome info.

We have 2 locations one in Georgia (about 80 phones) and one in Kentucky (about 35 phones). We are connected via two point to point T1 lines. We want the offices to appear as one office to the customers that call. One seamless phone systems what we want to accomplish.

We are a small company but we need a comprehensive contact center solution (web chat, email management, ACD, Faxing, call back, etc...) Price is important but not the driving factor. Quality, reliability, functionality, and ease of management are most important. After doing a little research I do not think I want a totally VOIP solution. I do want to use VOIP to connect the two offices.

Here are the systems I have looked at Avaya Ip Office, Mitel 3300, Siemens, Inter-tel, and Cisco. I have recently spoken to someone about the Sprint Ipx system. I would like to look into the telrad system.

I do not want to start a battle on the form of who has the best system. I am looking for a resource that can point me in the right direction to make a decision that the company will have to live with for a long time. Does any one have any suggestions on a good vendor to work with in the Atlanta area and what products they sell?

Thanks for the info.
</font>

Hi,

My name is Maureen Sikes and I ma with a company called MIS Associates, Inc.
We service, sell and install Mitel equipment.
There are so many different ways that you can go and it can be very confusing.

Here would be some of the questions to look at .....first.....versus...."what" type of system.

#1 What type of lan/wan do we have or looking to put into place in the future?

#2 How many calls are going thru the main office and other places?

#3 How does voice mail serve everyone. Are we happy with voice mail or do we want unified.....what exactly would we want unified to do for us?

#4 Wireless....do we want to be mobile?

since you have offices in different states....you can take advantage of being able to ....place a call....and let's say you wanted it to come out of your local switch in Kentucky so that it would pick up a line there and not cost you anything calling from Atlanta. You can save a good deal setting it up this way.
As you grow and add .....offices....remotely or home offices. Mitel has a product called the Teleworker which I am sure that you have seen.

I think the differences is who has been playing inthe VOIP arena and what have they been doing successfully.
Mitel was way ahead almost 3 years of everyone else.

VOIP has been around for at least that lond and now the new thing is SIP.

Now have I totally confused you:}

If you have the time please feel free to call me and we can talk real time.

770-729-3406

You are doing the right thing by doing the research ahead and giving yourself enough time to make the right decision.
You mentioned that this has just been put on your plate. Allow me to take it off yours and put it on mine!!!

Looking forward to talking with you

Good luck

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,815
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,396 Shoretel
189,120 CTX100 install
187,421 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
2 members (dwflood, justbill), 105 guests, and 444 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024