Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
OP Offline
Hal you goof smile

In a 3600 sq ft building, I have a total of 160 jacks smile Most places have 4.

Should I be punching the first two pairs to patch panel 1 then the second two pairs to patch panel 2?

Jeff
Lead Field Engineer, MSCNS
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

This is why I would just use 66 blocks and 6 pin jacks...
Blue and orange pair to one jack, L1 and L2
Green and brown pair to one jack, L3 and L4

Jeff Moss

Moss Communications
Computer Repair-Networking-Cabling
MBSWWYPBX, JGAE
OP Offline
I grabbed one of the panels and come to find out its not like the ones I typically use, these are numbered vertically then horizontally.

Life gets a little simpler....well not as simple as a key system but close.

The owner went with all cat 5 and RJ45 due to future equipment requirements. Apparently a lot of optical equipment is starting to gain ethernet capability.

Jeff
Ah, this thread is over two months old. You expect me to read the whole thing over again to see what you were talking about? Anyway it looks like I addressed your problem in the first reply.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
OP Offline
I'll send a box for you to return your cape in. smile

Ladies and gentlemen, Super Hal has left the building.

Jeff
Notwithstanding the "smiley" maybe we should send Hal an apology and send you a time machine and the names of a few qualified installers.

At the beginning of this fiasco, someone with experience, credentials and an authoritative voice should have disabused the owner from this hare-brained scheme. It's as though he decided to buy 40 bicycles instead a school bus. No professional phone guy whom I know would have allowed this to get this far.

No one has mentioned -- (I think... I, like Hal, cannot go back and read the whole painful story) -- the humongous sh*t storm that will ensue when just one of the "Made by Mattel" 4-line "phones for little people" goes wacko and takes down the whole building. Does each one require 4 AA cells? Replacing them will be a nice lifetime job for someone.

Who in their right mind (oh...wait...that's YOU) is going to go out and start pulling bridging clips on a Monday morning to get the office up again?

"Nightmare waiting to happen" should be the title of this thread.

Arthur P. Bloom
"30 years of faithful service...15 years on hold"

Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
I would patch the entire 8 conductor cable through and do the splitting outside of the faceplate/jack, since it seems as though it may change in the future. If you rewire it all for 2, 4 conductor jacks and put on new faceplates, you may be doing three times the work you need to.

Create an 8 conductor end, that takes pins 1/2 + 4/5 to a 4 conductor jack and pins 3/6 + 7/8 to a 4 conductor jack.

I'll post a picture link in a bit, to show you what i'm referring to.

- Tony
Ohio Data LLC
Phone systems, data networks, firewalls and servers in Central Ohio.
Some people aren't used to an environment where excellence is expected.
Tony, good idea.

(B.O.G.B.S)

Arthur P. Bloom
"30 years of faithful service...15 years on hold"

Originally posted by hbiss:
[Provide] a telephone patch panel with patch cords from it as necessary to the ports on the premises wiring patch panel that are for the jacks used for the phones.

Wire the back of the telephone patch panel with individual 4 pair cables as 568A and terminate the other ends (all four pair) on split 66M blocks. You will need two blocks, 6 cables per side. Then what you will do is use cross connect wire to loop all the white/blues together and then over to line 1 on another block with the COs from the cable modem. Do the same with the W/O, W/G and W/Br for lines 2,3 and 4.

Back at eack jack use a splitter to provide 2 separate 6pos/4pin jacks.

-Hal
Seems we are going round and round and round here with the same answer being given. And you are just confirming my observation that all IT guys are lunatics.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
Will SOMEBODY please lock this ?!!! frown All the explanations, descriptions, and questions have been asked/answered at least twice now. Arthur had the best answer, in my opinion, but what do I know. John C.

When I was young, I was Liberal. As I aged and wised up, I became Conservative. Now that I'm old, I have settled on Curmudgeon.
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Silversam 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,306
Posts638,894
Members49,771
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,903 Shoretel
189,997 CTX100 install
188,224 1a2 system
Newest Members
Mansour, Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks
49,770 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 17
dexman 6
teleco 6
jsaad 5
dans 5
Who's Online Now
1 members (JBean3329), 46 guests, and 32 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024