web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
We have a 200 pair 110 interface to our Witness(I Spy Stuff) system. Our digital sets x connect from port to Witness to MDF feeders, daisy chained. It's a real pain to move a fone. Looking for ideas to use 4 48 port Telco single pair patch panels to get away from the x connect mess. Anything anyone?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Well, if price is not a consideration, then yes, I would go with the patch panels. Anyone then can move a patch cable and move the extension, as long as cables are properly marked, so no more MAC work for you. You should use 8 patch panels tho, that way they are connected by a patch cord, and not a cross connect with an RJ-45 on the end of it. Tho you can save some money by using CAT 3 Patch panels, and base cords.

Voice and Data Cabling in DFW, [email protected]
DnR Communications
Forgive me, but I have to ask... What is a witness system? Google couldn't help me.

Jim
Speaking from a secure undisclosed location.

Originally posted by Jim Bennett:
Forgive me, but I have to ask... What is a witness system? Google couldn't help me.

Jim
Speaking from a secure undisclosed location.
Its the brand name of a system that records the calls when you call a customer contact center.

The head office of I company I know has one that records all calls going to both the internal and external call centers. Its hooked up to an Aspect Switch.

Thank You!! I hit a brick wall trying to google that one.

Jim
Your call may be monitored for quality purposes.

OP Offline
audio and pc video, pretty slick stuff. managers can listen to you talk to a customer and watch while you buy stuff from ebay instead of processing their order for new pencils.

The company I referenced above having witness uses patch panels from their Aspect switch for their CSR classrooms.

They have different size classrooms wired up about 4 floors apart and relocate and patch the sets in depending on class size and what other departments have booked the training rooms. Most other departments don't need telephone sets in their training classes.

The main call center and help desks are hardwired on Bix blocks and punched as required in the appropriate floor closets.

connected by a patch cord...with an RJ-45 on the end of it.
Hmmm.

Arthur P. Bloom
"30 years of faithful service...15 years on hold"

Moderated by  Silversam 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,815
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,400 Shoretel
189,150 CTX100 install
187,423 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Bob3470), 174 guests, and 444 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024