web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 9 of 13 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Originally posted by upstateny:
Dave - i think you are wrong on the 4 pair thing .... my understanding is that fast ethernet / 100 Base T uses 2 pair... one for transmit and one for receive. When you step up to gigabit you use two pairs for transmit and two for receive.

But ... i could be wrong... i am a phone guy not a CG! :rofl:
10, 100 and 1000 Base-T all use 2 pairs, 1&2, 3&6 ie the orange and green pair. They bypass the blue pair so you don't fry your network card with telco voltage and then there are the "lonely browns." Which now are no longer lonely thanks to POE.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Giga bit uses all 4 pairs, now try plugging your commputer into a ringing phone jack...???? :rofl: Thats hard on the computers main board.
Thats why, I always use the Beldon USOC Jacks for telephone:
Plug / Jack Compatibility: RJ11

IBDN/CDT Certified for Whats Comming Next!

I would believe the cross talk/influential noise from the AC ring voltage would degrade the signal quality far below a "usable" level.

In the event of cable damage it'd be likely you're putting AC right into the NIC. The cost of a new NIC is cheap, but not cheaper then running 3 cables.

so, Yes, there is enough copper in the wire to do what you purposed, however do it properly.

Originally posted by Lightninghorse:
Use the blue/white. The brown/white was originally planned as a power pair wwwaaayyy back when 4 pair was recommended by ATT. The Idea was White/blue-voice, White/orange and White/green-data, and White/brown-power.
This worked like a charm!..

There is a scenario you should consider.
You have a large lucrative customer you have looked after for years.
Then along comes the announcement that they have been taken over by an even larger conglomerate.
In comes the new IT department, very keen to update the network to the latest and greatest.
Low and behold they feel that the network is not performing to there need.
Phone call comes, hey Mr Cable guy would you bring in your cable certifier, I would like all the cabling re-certified.
What are you going to say, knowing that you have taken pairs out of the cable for the phones?
You have a lot of voluntary work ahead, all for free if you would like to keep your customer happy.
If you are a cable company run the extra cable, no brainer, what we are paid for.

Moderator-Nortel, Computers, General
:thumb:

Scientists say that the universe is made up of Protons, Neutron & Electrons. They forgot "Morons".
Dave. (CTUB) Canadian Techs Use Bix!
Certifying the cable won't improve the quality of the install. Cheap crappy cable will pass cetification, make note: alot of the cabling on the crappy cabling pictures post will certify. Best thing you can do is use a top quality brand name you can trust. If your customer requires more wire, add more wire don't rob them by installing redundant wire. Good example this pile of crap will pass a certification test with the best Fluke tester on the market https://www.contact-directconnect.com/Captivate/DSCF0659.JPG
Certification testers are great when you are testing for cable faults ! If its not broke don't fix it, the people who dislike this method are the ones that don't under stand it usually antique phone techs. My house is done that way been working good for over ten years and a matter of fack I am using it now. I can install and work on patch panels as you can see from the pictures posted, patch panels become a big shoddy mess over a short period of time.
This method your whinning about was designed for 10Base-T systems.
I can give your customer the same level of function at half the cost,,,,,bottom line. :banana:

Nordx IBDN/CDT Cerified for whats Comming Next!

"as a matter of 'fack'"
must be some new canadian term...

Jeff Moss

Moss Communications
Computer Repair-Networking-Cabling
MBSWWYPBX, JGAE
If you want to get picky, Jeff....

Canadian is with a capital "C" :read:

Scientists say that the universe is made up of Protons, Neutron & Electrons. They forgot "Morons".
Dave. (CTUB) Canadian Techs Use Bix!
LOL Jeff: Actually that's how they pronounce the f ____word in Boston.. :rofl: So its orgin is in New Engand.

Page 9 of 13 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Moderated by  Silversam 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,282
Posts638,760
Members49,764
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,432 Shoretel
188,226 CTX100 install
187,069 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 22
teleco 6
dexman 4
jc2it 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 100 guests, and 121 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024